We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Some questions | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Spirit
Spirit Mar 25 '13
Hey all!, I recently just set up Oxwall, and so far loving it!, But i'm having a few frustrations...

Two things are really bothering me and my members, when your on the wall/feed? when someone comments on something their avatar picture takes over the persons post in a way, I'm going to attach a pic to show what I'm talking about

Basically Someone makes a post, Then I come along and post on it, and my icon hijacks theirs

"Spirit posts hi"
"Test user responds with hi back"
-Test users icon now takes over spirts icon and it says they commented on my status

Now the next thing that's bothering us, When people comment on older stuff, it bumps it all the way to the top, is there anyway to change these two things so it doesn't do this?

The Forum post is edited by Spirit Mar 25 '13
Attachments:
  Example.jpg (324.22Kb)
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Hi,

Thats by design of the oxwall newsfeed. For me it does not look like an issue.

Spirit
Spirit Mar 25 '13
Puru,

Its really annoying because we come from sites that use this same type of set up, With the wall/feed, and when you comment on those websites, your icons don't hijack, its confusing because you don't know who created that comment/post, because in the eyes of the users it looks like their post just got hijacked, There is nothing we can do to change this so it Doesn't do this?

perhaps a plugin or something, or something we can change our selves?
The Forum post is edited by Spirit Mar 25 '13
Alia Team
Alia Mar 25 '13
Spriti, this issue was discussed here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/8724

>>Now the next thing that's bothering us, When people comment on older stuff, it bumps it all the way to the top, is there anyway to change these two things so it doesn't do this?

You can customize the code.
Spirit
Spirit Mar 26 '13
Aliia, Its Spirit for starters..

I saw it being discussed there, I read over it.. its really hard to understand what most of the people are saying over there because most of the peoples spellings is very difficult to understand. (not trying to be rude here just being honest)

in almost every piece of software that does wall/feed stuff, theirs a option for Feed/wall sorting which allows you to change the way the feed/wall handles, Social engine does this, and a few others do it too, I'm not really sure why oxwall didn't add this support in for it,

I'm aware we can customize the code, but its using mostly the new school Code vs the old school, my coder is more familiarized with old school code then he is with new school code stuff.

We where hoping for a quick solution but if their isn't one, looks like we will have to break apart the code and go though the hassle of learning the new code stuff and fix it.
The Forum post is edited by Spirit Mar 26 '13