We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Bug Reports - Photo Carousel | Forum

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Mar 27 '13
Let me know about all bugs or troubles
Martin
Martin Apr 24 '13
The plugin is not working. I get many Javascript errors and everything on my page stops working until i remove the widget.  I also have no idea where to set which images to use.

Please advise.

Martin

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Apr 24 '13

Hello Martin,

It seems the javascript files of the plugin were not copied during installation. You should set writable permissions ( 777 ) on ow_static directory and reinstall the plugin, it should help.

Sergey

Martin
Martin Apr 24 '13
Hi sergey. I've never managed to get oxwall working with the ftp upload mechanism. I instal all plugins manually through an ftp client. Can you suggest the best practice for installing this plugin manually?

Thanks!!

Martin
Martin
Martin Apr 24 '13
I have changed the rights and all files but still not working...
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Apr 24 '13
Martin,

Did you uninstall and then install the plugin.
Could you PM me your site URL. I could not find the real reason of the problem without accessing your site.

Angel
Angel May 23 '13

Hi Sergey

When I scroll on the website, photo carousel appears over the header

Why does this happen?

How to fix it?

Thanks

Attachments:
  Photo Carousel.jpg (50.57Kb)
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin May 23 '13
Hello Angle,

I joined to your site and everything looks OK. It seems you move the widget to the different position. You are using a custom theme. I have tested the plugin only on Oxwall themes. So it might be a theme issue. I need take a look on the problem to give you an advice. So could you move the widget back on the site and let me know when it was done. 

dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 10 '14

I upgraded to 1.6 and then updated the plugin but now i get these debug warnings showing up on all the member profiles. 

Can you scope this out and let me know what you think?

Thank you!!
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jan 11 '14
Hello dan cuba,

I have fixed the issues in the latest plugin update, it will be available in your admin panel in 24 hours.

dan cuba
dan cuba Jan 11 '14
Just updated it. all fixed..  Kudos to you. thank you so much loving it!!
Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Jan 14 '14
Error 500 on user profiles.
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jan 16 '14
Quote from Vladimir Bach Error 500 on user profiles.

Could you enable DEV_MODE ( ow_includes/config.php ) and provide the error details.
Martin
Martin Jan 22 '14
Hello Sergey.

If i set my privacy settings so that only friends can view my albums, the carousel still shows my pictures. Is there a way to link the carousel to this privacy setting.

We sometimes have members that post naughty pictures. I have no problems with that, i just ask them to put the album privacy on Friends Only. That works fine on the carousel on the homepage, but still visible on the profile page.

Thanks,

Martin Beek 

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Jan 23 '14
Hello Martin,

Thank you for the report. I will fix it in the next plugin update.

dan cuba
dan cuba Feb 1 '14
Sergey,  My photo carousel don,t rotate right.  its flashing the first photo then shows the next, then flashes the first photo again and then the 2nd, and then the first photo again and then on to the 3rd. and then repeats this pattern.  It does this on different computers even mac.  any ideas?  thank you  see it at www.drift505.com
The Forum post is edited by dan cuba Feb 1 '14
Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Feb 2 '14
Hello dan cuba,

It might be a plugins compatibility problem. Could you temporarily deactivate other ( not Oxwall ) plugins and check it again. I couldn't make this test by myself because I do not have your set of plugins.

Eric
Eric Apr 27 '14
Hi Sergey,

really like your plugin but after buying and installing the plugin, the carousel autoplay does not really seem to work but it does something and when dragging the photo's also some weird effects on the screen...

I have tested using IE11 and Chrome, both show the same visual behaviour. The display of the photo's is fine, it is only the movement which does not seem to work or partly.

I use latest Oxwall version and several plugins with the "Facebook Next" theme.

If you want to have a look: http://mijngorredijk.nl

Sergey Kambalin
Sergey Kambalin Apr 28 '14
Hello,

I found that the plugin conflicts with "Go Top" plugin. I will find a way to fix it in the next update. I will contact "Go Top" plugin author.

Eric
Eric Apr 28 '14

Hi Sergey, based on your remark I started checking and found another plugin that is also bugging your plugin. It is called "Profile progress bar" plugin. Both "Go Top" and "Profile progress bar" result in movement issue of carousel.

The "Go Top" I would like to keep, the profile progress is nice but I could do without...

Thanks!

Eric

The Forum post is edited by Eric Apr 28 '14
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic