We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Unsafe bug - Privacy | Forum

Alex
Alex Mar 27 '13

UNSAFE!

OK so when you have your settings as friends only when you send a friend request to someone and they have not accepted it they still can see they stuff even though they are not friends!

Alia Team
Alia Apr 5 '13
Alex, can't reproduce the issue.

As userA I have set privacy of everything except my profile to "My Friends only".
I have posted a new photo.
As userB I have requested to be a friend with userA.
I was able to see the photo only after userA, hasaccepted my request.

Note that privacy settings apply only to the new content. If sometime in past you used to have privacy set to everybody, then, for example, photos posted during that period of time will be visible to everybody.
Ralph Sander
Ralph Sander May 31 '13
Hello,

problem is, it will not be shown under latest photos, but as soon sombody has rated a photo, it will be shown to everybody under rated photos. Same when admin featured a photo.

Isn't it possible to sort the photos on privacy before they are shown on any list?

Thanks

ross Team
ross Jun 5 '13
Ralph, we already know about this issue. We hope to solve it in one of the upcoming releases. Thank you for the feedback
Ralph Sander
Ralph Sander Jun 5 '13
Quick solution until upcoming releases (not perfect but works for me) 

File: ow_plugins/photo/bol/photo_dao.php

Line 287: 

WHERE `p`.`id` IN (" . $this->dbo->mergeInClause($idList) . " ) 

change to: 

WHERE `p`.`id` IN (" . $this->dbo->mergeInClause($idList) . " ) AND `p`.`privacy` = 'everybody'

You do not have permission to reply this topic