We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New Tooling Vendor Questionnaire | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Patty Long
Patty Long Apr 22

Hey everyone, if you have some time I’d really appreciate if you could spend a minute or 2 filling out this new product/vendor survey for me, it’s currently for drill bits but eventually I’ll have ones out for end mills, inserts, reamers, annular cutters, and work holding among other things.

forms.office.com Microsoft Forms 35

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: I also want to point out that part of our strategy is also going to be education aimed at FRC/students, our site and listings will be loaded with information of what the differences between all options are, for example the coatings/materials and why you would use 1 over another. There’s a lot of stuff out there on the web but often people don’t know what to search for or it’s hard to digest for people not familiar with the topics.

On top of that we want to provide fusion 360 libraries for our tools as well as much technical data of the tools as possible (If you wish to GWizard or HSMAdivsor yourself) and feed and speeds info for different machines you commonly see in FRC.

Alex Marks
Alex Marks Apr 22
That's awesome to see someone filling a gap in the FRC tooling market!  As a fellow robot builder,  it can be a jungle navigating all the different drill bit options  out there.  Especially for students,  wading through technical jargon can feel like  drinking from a fire hose.  Having a resource like yours with clear  explanations and Fusion 360 libraries  would be a game-changer.

On the topic of drill bits,  my team always struggles to find the perfect bit for  machining aluminum sheet metal.  We typically use  titanium nitride coated bits,  but they seem to dull  quickly.  Maybe  Asklayer  could  be a good fit for finding a more  durable option?