We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Another useful tip - Forum List for Groups | Forum

DavidZenry
DavidZenry Mar 28 '13
I might buy this mod at some point. Glad you are still making plugin for Oxwall! There aren't enough at the moment.

....but a really easy way to display all the Groups Forums in the main forums page is to go into the forums database table, look for "groups" and change the hidden value from 1 to 0.

Your groups forums will then be available in both the specific group and also as a separate category in Forums :-D
Purusothaman Ramanujam
You are welcome to play with the database tables if you are well enough aware what you are doing.

But my plugin are those people who want to play safe.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Also PLUGIN provides a way to plug-and-play without any coding changes. You don't need to mess around for enabling and disabling in the tables.

Stay away if you are such a smart one to do on your own :P
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Mar 28 '13
It's not really that difficult to change a single database entry. I've tested it before applying to a live site. No problems so far.

The table name is "ow_forum_section" and the row is "isHidden" :)

I agree the "Forum List for Groups plug-in" is of course easier and very useful for most people who don't know anything about mysql..

A new plug-in would be VERY useful to change the Groups admin.

Currently Oxwall does not allow you to change the admin once a group is created. For techies, at the moment the only way to you can change this is to edit the userId row (which is the admin) in the table called "ow_groups_group" of the database. People would pay for a plug-in that improved Groups. You have the power of expertise my friend!

Another developer I know is thinking about creating a "Advanced Groups" type of plugin, but he's busy with other things right now and doesn't think it's important. I gave him loads of suggestions (such as being able to include selected links from the links plug-in and being able to invite any member not only friends)  but it seems like it'll never happen! *sighs*
Purusothaman Ramanujam
You being such an EXPERT, you can do magic on our own. So please do not expect the same with other Admins who are not like YOU. I see that you have even provided the code and database to edit.

With no offenses, this is not the place to discuss such things and its of no use as its not related to this plugin.

For each notifications I get here, I quickly response and when its not related to support to my plugin, I feel bad.

I stay late till midnight so that I can make sure all my customers query are replied in time. So please use the appropriate channel to discuss such things. May be in forums or PM.

I am locking this topic.

Thanks for your understanding.
This topic is locked
You do not have permission to reply this topic