We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Page Permissions not working? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Mar 29 '13
I have noticed on my webpage some of the page permissions to not seem to work, can anybody help.

The forum plugin is set to be visible to registered users only but guests can view it. Same with events plugin and files upload plugin 

need suggestions 

Richard Carr
Richard Carr Mar 29 '13
really need some help on this folks
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you double check on the role settings for the forum plugin?
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Mar 30 '13
Yep I have it set for just registered users...However this is a new plugin for me and have only recently uploaded it...
Attachments:
  Untitled.jpg (106.01Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Apr 1 '13
Richard,
>>The forum plugin is set to be visible to registered users only but guests can view it. Same with events plugin and files upload plugin

Works for me, I have set "Regusteres users only" under pages  & menus for "Forum" page. And this page disappeared from the menu for guest users.

What do you mean by "guests can view it", they see the menu item? Or they can access forum via direct URL?
Richard Carr
Richard Carr Apr 1 '13
Hi Alia

Thanks for the help. I use my own drop-down menu so the option to click into forum is still there for guests, and when they click it it allows them into the forum etc. Other pages/plugins like the 'image' for example will say 'you have to log in to view this page' etc.. shouldn't it be like this for the forum, events, and files plugin?

Richard Carr
Richard Carr Apr 1 '13
Have just realised that with events plugin guests can view upcoming events but not access their pages. This is probably correct?
Alia Team
Alia Apr 2 '13
Richard, thanks for PMing your site URL.
Can you go to yoursitename.com/admin/permissions/roles  and see whether "View topics" under "Forum" section is checked or not for "Guest" users?