We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How can I take out "customize this page" button? [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Andrei
Andrei Mar 30 '13
How can I take out "customize this page" button? 

So users will use the same page, that I design, without permission to edit it.

The Forum post is edited by Alia Apr 1 '13
bobbi
bobbi Mar 30 '13
you can do it via admin - pages and menus  - master my profile/ master my dashboard uncheck allow users to customise this page
Alia Team
Alia Apr 1 '13
+1 to Bobbi's reply.
Andrei
Andrei Apr 1 '13
Yea, I did and it works!

thanks, solved, can be closed! :)

DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 25 '13
Is there anyway to turn this off in Forums? It shows for ALL moderators even though they are not all admin.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 29 '13
Yes. Three solutions.

1. Just remove "Customize this page" and "Finish Customizing" buttons from .html file. This way nobody will see the button, and therefore nobody will be able to get to this page  ( unless they know the direct url)

As site admin you will still be able to get to the customize page using direct url: www.yoursitename.com/forum/customize

Good place to start with is customize_index.html under ow_plugins/forum/views/controllers.

2. You can also customize .php code so that "customize this page" button is not accessible for moderators at all but they can still edit/delete forum topics.
Good place to start with is customize.php under ow_plugins/forum/controllers and you might need to edit customize_index.html  as well.

3. Just take away ALL "powers" from moderators to do anything in forums.
This can be done in admin panel>>privacy&permissions>>moderators>>untick "forums".
Note that if you choose this option, moderators won't be able to see "customize this page" button AND they won't be able to edit/delete forum topics.