We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Disk io jump | Forum

ben
ben Mar 31 '13
disk io read jump over 4000 iops every 7 days?????? anyone has same situation? i could be wrong:D even with 4 hd in raid 10 cant reach that
The Forum post is edited by ben Mar 31 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 2 '13
Ben, how many users do you have on your site?
ben
ben Apr 2 '13
it's not everyday, only every 7 days disk io read jumping. ussually 20-70 iops that normal hdd can handle and then jump every 7 days to 4000 iops and and will affect to high load every 7 days too.

If your account on shared hosting suspended because of high cpu usage probably this is the caused
Alia Team
Alia Apr 4 '13
Ben, you will need to check with your server's support team what exactly is causing this. They should keep the records. If it is something related to Oxwall, we will be glad to take a look.
Stephanie
Stephanie Apr 4 '13
hi i need your help. i have received a message form my server: `

The scripts " of them all based on oxwall " were consuming high amounts of CPU for an extended period of time and that is why we disabled the mentioned scripts.

We recommend you to optimize the scripts in order to avoid this issue happening in future.

Let us know the measures that you have taken to avoid such high usage in the future so that we can enable global access.

I have no idea whatsoever of what can have caused the problem.

the sites have been running for one year, without any trouble

Please can you tell me what kind of changes i should do on the scripts, and what i should look for?

thnks for feedback.

Stéphanie

ben
ben Apr 4 '13
I ask oxwall buddies in here if only me who has this io spike that's mean the problem is from my internal server config

hey, step. if you have growing number member on your site that is normal and you should move to vps
The Forum post is edited by ben Apr 4 '13
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Apr 7 '13
I have VPS and my load averages are in the red zone quite often., and it's my Oxwall site that is doing it. Sure wish there was some kind of policing done by Oxwall on poorly written plugins and themes that are not optimized. I rarely have 30 users online using the site at once, and my load stays way up high and sometimes hits 100%. 

What the hell am I going to do as my site grows and I have 200 online at the same time? Sheesh!

ben
ben Apr 12 '13
just based on my experience, vps only able to handle 20-30 user online on the same time with oxwall 1.4. and website load very slow. hope oxwall get better now
Alia Team
Alia Apr 15 '13
Ben, did they list exact scripts?

Did you install any new plugins lately?

ben
ben Apr 15 '13
no, unfortunately i dont hire sys admin, it's quite expensive for low traffic site. Im just installing instant chat 2 days ago when i realized updating oxwall is very fast so i diciding to install instant chat.

high disk io read happend every 7 days until now. and always the same number 4000iops. i just dropping mod pagespeed because high resources usage personally im not recommended.

Im glad if you like to assist me how to look what causing high io read every 7 days while disk io write is stable

ben
ben Jul 1 '13
ben
ben Jul 1 '13
the graph above is
new server, 3 weeks old. only installing oxwall on raid 1 disk
Alia Team
Alia Jul 2 '13
Ben, the only possible assumption is "Newsfeed" plugin. It checks for expired newsfeed items once a week ( cron.php under /ow_plugins/newsfeed). 

$this->addJob('deleteExpired', 7 * 3600 * 24); // once a week

But it should not have taken so much of your CPU. Since your host said "scriptS" I assume there are several different ones. Would have been great to find out which ones.
ben
ben Jul 6 '13
now it's all make sense, no mam, only oxwall in there. yes, it's taken cpu a lot.
i lie to you if i said 4000 iops not taken lots cpu
ben
ben Jul 6 '13
i try attaching graphs for better explanation, per hour is the actual usage while per month/30 days graphich only show average not the actual usage
The Forum post is edited by ben Jul 6 '13
ben
ben Jul 6 '13
ben
ben Jul 6 '13
ben
ben Jul 6 '13
ben
ben Jul 6 '13
this graph from ssd server, i try hdd also and more worse on hdd
as you can see on ssd it happend for 15 minutes but on hdd it take more time 2-5 hours (iam forgot the exact time).
only 10 user online when i took this graphs.

hdd able to handle 100iops so it take more time for 6000iops
ben
ben Jul 18 '13
Since no response i begin to assume that newsfeed working as expected and no improvement foor high load every 7days

i understand this issue is hard to produce because oxwall.org itself not using newsfeed and oxwall demo reset everyday. and need big user database to get this issue

and only me who has reporting this problem despite these problems happened to all oxwall
users who has 3000 member or above and can bring down vps server

any suggestion how to reduce newsfeed high load every 7 days for temporary until oxwall team fix this problem

Pages: 1 2 »