We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

"Under Mainentance" when importing data. For 2 days. HELP! :( | Forum

Robin
Robin Apr 1 '13
Hey guys!

First of all hello, I'm completely new on this board. Usually I could find my answers. This time I couldn't...

I've seen a couple of people having problems with the data importer, but nothing like this.

I've tried to upload my data from my wall.fm page to my own server. Oxwall has been installed properly and when imported, I've added the right SALT to my code.

At first everything was normal, just like the oxwall tutorial said, except for the fact that nothing happened. So I thought, maybe it only takes some time.

A couple of hours later, the page only showed "Under Mainentance". Even when I wanted to enter the admin area!

And it has been like this for 2 days now. I don't really know what to do, since I can't even enter the admin panel...

Thank you so much for your help!

Robin

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Apr 1 '13
Clear out your Cache, and cookies. Then try to login. 
Alia Team
Alia Apr 2 '13
Robin, under which URL ( yoursitename.wall.fm OR yournewoxwall.com) are you getting maintenance page?

If  you are getting maintenance page on your new Oxwall installation use yoursitename.com/sign-in URL to log in as admin and disable maintenance mode.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 2 '13
Robin, also this could have been caused by CRON. If you don't have CRON set on your server where you are trying to migrate your wall.fm site, then import will never end.

You can find instruction on CRON set up here : http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron.
Since you are importing quite a lot of data you will need to use "Run Cron Locally" part of the manual.
Robin
Robin Apr 2 '13
here are the urls: hauswaechter.wall.fm and hauswaechter.at

I'm getting the Maintenance at the hauswächter.at

And the thing is, that it won't even let me log into the admin panel. If I go to hauswächter.at/admin, it just forwards me to the Maintenance as well...

So I can't really go there to switch off the Maintenance mode xD'

I think I have the CRON set correctly - unless there is some special procedure for importing data.
I have another Community set up and the exact same CRON settings work perfectly there.

And the Community only had about 90 Users and not a lot of content yet. So I can't imagine that this would be the reason for three days of importing...

The Forum post is edited by Robin Apr 2 '13
Robin
Robin Apr 2 '13
Okay, I went to http://hauswaechter.at/sign-in now and that worked, but still it won't let me log in, telling me that I'm using an invalid Username or Password -.-'
Is it possible that it hasn't imported anything yet?
Alia Team
Alia Apr 2 '13
Robin, which username did you use?

Admin username/pass of your wall.fm site?
Or
Admin username/pass you created when installing oxwall site?

If you used wall.fm site username and pass and they didn't work out, then this means that data import did not happen. Which in turn means that to login to your oxwall's admin panel you need to use username and pass you created when installing oxwall.

I am 99% sure that your CRON is not set properly on your server and that is why import didn't work.
Robin
Robin Apr 2 '13
I've actually tried every username/password combination I could think of... I'm a bit lost atm.

Also I had another look at the cron tutorial. It should be right. I'll attach a screenshot. Maybe you can find my mistake.

Thank you so much, btw!

Attachments:
  Screen Shot 2013-04-02 at 1.28.46 PM.png (69.62Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Apr 2 '13
Robin,

You have inserted the command in a wrong place. Please remove it from there.
Cron needs to be set under "Cron Tab" in your control panel : http://docs.oxwall.org/install:cron.

Check this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/8877

Regarding the username/pass to admin panel.
Use username and pass you have entered during following installation steps:
1. If you did manual installation: http://docs.oxwall.org/...Amanual_installation
2. If you did auto installation: http://docs.oxwall.org/...%3Aauto_installation
3. If you did local installation: http://docs.oxwall.org/...3Alocal_installation
Robin
Robin Apr 2 '13
Do you mean this tab (in the attachements)?

This is really confusing me. Since I've tried installing Oxwall to my HostGator Server, I keep having different problems constantly... :/

And yeah, that Username/Password doesn't work? Is it possible that the import has deleted the old files but not imported the new ones :S

Attachments:
  Screen Shot 2013-04-02 at 2.25.07 PM.png (19.64Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Apr 2 '13
Robin, yes. I meant this tab. You will need to add a new cron job there in addition to the one you already have for your other site.

Try setting up CRON and see whether this helps to finish the import.
Robin
Robin Apr 2 '13
So... I hope I did it right now (attached Screenshot)...
Nothing has changed about the situation yet...
Attachments:
  Screen Shot 2013-04-02 at 4.50.13 PM.png (20.86Kb)
Robin
Robin Apr 2 '13
Okay, I finally managed to login by changing the Password.

No new data though...

Alia Team
Alia Apr 3 '13
Robin, have you just copied  " /usr/local/bin/php /home/site/public_html/ow_cron/run.php" from the user manual about cron set up?

If yes, then this means that it is unlikely that your CRON is set well. You will need to replace path to PHP (/usr/local/bin/php) and path to Oxwall cron file (/home/site/public_html/ow_cron/run.php) with yours.

Try using one of the commands listed under "Run Cron via HTTP" section of the manual.

Once your cron is set, you will need to stop your current import and then start a new one.
Robin
Robin Apr 3 '13
non no, I got the right path for the CRON job. You can see it on my last screenshot.

I've already tried restarting the import (I uninstalled the importer, installed it again and started the new import) but nothing has changed since yesterday. It just says "Wait Import" everywhere in the Import Status...

I'm kinda desperate... :/

Alia Team
Alia Apr 3 '13
Robin, first of all let's make sure that your CRON is actually working.
Easiest way is to login to your site as USER1 and then to close browser without loging out.

In another browser login as USER2, and if after 5 minutes ( giving that CRON is set to run every 5 minutes) USER1 is still shown as "online" under "Members" section of your site, then CRON is NOT working.

Alia Team
Alia Apr 3 '13
Also, just in case, check with your hosting company what is max. execution time on your server.
Robin
Robin Apr 3 '13
soooo, I've changed the cron from 1min to 15min, since this is the maximum HostGator allows. I uninstalled the data importer, installed it again and started the import.

Still. Nothing is happening :/

Alia Team
Alia Apr 4 '13
Have you tested CRON?

>>>

Aliia Yesterday, 05:52AM

Robin, first of all let's make sure that your CRON is actually working.
Easiest way is to login to your site as USER1 and then to close browser without loging out.
In another browser login as USER2, and if after 5 minutes ( giving that CRON is set to run every 5 minutes) USER1 is still shown as "online" under "Members" section of your site, then CRON is NOT working.
Robin
Robin Apr 4 '13
Okay, even after 15min the user is still online. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, to be honest... :/

Screenshot of the cron jobs attached...

Could there be anything wrong with the first part of the command? This is just incredibly confusing...

Attachments:
  Screen Shot 2013-04-04 at 1.39.04 PM.png (26.76Kb)
Pages: 1 2 »