We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

oxwall 1.5.2 has mobile plugin? | Forum

suresh kumar
suresh kumar Apr 2 '13
Currently in development
Social share integration
Invite friends by email
Allow to control permissions for index/
dashboard widgets
Improve installation process
Execute cron jobs on page refresh (light
mode)
Improve account types' management
Origin bugfixes
Add an option to send notifications
immediately
Mobile site and apps
...tons of bug fixes and small improvements
This is the list of features currently being
developed sorted by their planned release.

Oxwall Software
Private beta testing of Oxwall 1.5.2 started.
Prepare to download the new goodness next
week!

Dpes this mean we will be getting mobile plugin next week?
Saif
Saif Apr 2 '13
from where you got this detail ? Nothing posted on oxwall blog .
Joseph
Joseph Apr 2 '13
he is posting from the roadmap http://www.oxwall.org/roadmap the mobile has been listed since before 1.5.1 meaning it is in development but no one knows for sure when its gonna be finished and oxwall hasn't leaked any info on 1.5.2 other than you can test it next week if you have that kind of access
suresh kumar
suresh kumar Apr 2 '13
joseph,

mobile site was listed under coming soon list and its now under currently development list so i raised this question
Pete
Pete Apr 2 '13
Hope it comes out soon ,it will make such a big diference to my website
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 2 '13
Hopefully someone in the know will be able to confirm the mobile site is/isn't part of 1.5.2

There's a mobile plugin-in in the Oxwall Store but I don't think it's as good as it could be. 

DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 2 '13
If you desperately need your site to have a mobile-friendly version you could always use one of the free third-party conversion sites suggested here:

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/convert-websites-for-mobile-devices/

I'm not sure which is the best as converting an Oxwall site though.

DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 4 '13
These third-party mobile-site-converters are OK, but only OK. The layout options are very limited (even with a paid/premium version). Most pages are converted into a chaotic mess.

I've explored several of them (DudaMobile as described above, as well as and none are the solution to creating a mobile Oxwall site.

Some of my users have complained the main site "looks tiny" on their iPhones. I've suggested they explore the Zoom settings on their device as it seems to work fine then. There's nothing you can't do with Oxwall on the default Android browser (or a better browser App such as Dolphin or Opera.) You can even access the Admin Dashboard etc.

The only realistic solution we can look forward to is an update that includes a fully-featured mobile version within the Oxwall core.

suresh kumar
suresh kumar Apr 5 '13
Thank you foxtechs for clearing this
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Apr 5 '13
It could be the most important thing for Oxwall in order to have people come over from FBook to your site, but it is also important that it work with any theme.

Easy words to type, eh?

Steve

For hosting that really works with Oxwall http://tinyurl.com/happyhosting

DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 6 '13
Yup Fox, considering the elusive framework that‘s the best we can hope for. I guess I could write a whole new interface from scratch specifically for mobile in good old PHP, but too be honest it would take time (which I don‘t really have). We can‘t even export to a CMS which already supports mobile.

I agree with Steve this is a very important issue.
The Forum post is edited by DavidZenry Apr 6 '13
Pete
Pete Apr 6 '13
oxwall said thy were doing a mobile mod two years ago ,this is getting a joke now .you would think thay would develop this mod next
Pete
Pete Apr 6 '13

Quote from FoxTechs
Oxwall 1.5.2 isn't any major update. That's why it's within the 1.5 era, so you wouldn't expect them to have something major like a mobile platform to be developed. Most likely, it'll be included in 1.6 which would be a major update as it'd be a new era for Oxwall. Although they said they'd build a mobile version two years ago, you have to remember the work. Building a mobile platform to your original Oxwall software is like, in turn making another software.

-Jake

Jake if a guy on here can make a mobile mod in 2 months ,then i am sure oxwall could of done this so much sooner .
Pete
Pete Apr 6 '13
JAKE the reason why you or not getting as many members as you should is because there is no mobile mod ,end of story
Pete
Pete Apr 6 '13
You talk through your arse jake sometimes,most members or loseing out because there is no mobile mod ,if you stopped posting this like your posts above then oxwall would maybe bring out a mod faster
Pete
Pete Apr 6 '13
Every time that i have been on your website its been dead,and a few people have made posts that its boreing ,so i am not posting any false statements.I do know it takes time,come on Jake after 2 years ,its getting a joke now
The Forum post is edited by Pete Apr 6 '13
Pete
Pete Apr 6 '13
Any way jake i have better things to do than sit posting these comments ,you website will be so much better when oxwall bring out there mobile add on ,as you will see in time .
The Forum post is edited by Pete Apr 6 '13
suresh kumar
suresh kumar Apr 6 '13
i agree with pete on most my friends most of them use smartphones and mobiles and their friends as well. so i really cant bring in new members and its been hard to maintain the members as well
Pete
Pete Apr 6 '13

Quote from suresh kumar
i agree with pete on most my friends most of them use smartphones and mobiles and their friends as well. so i really cant bring in new members and its been hard to maintain the members as well

Quote from suresh kumar

Thank you Suresh
suresh kumar
suresh kumar Apr 6 '13
Yes i accept it cant be done overnight but i wish they can come with it soon
Pages: 1 2 »