We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cron + CSS. [Solved] | Forum

orela
orela Apr 3 '13
Some more info:
1. I created the Cron. I verified that it works by adding it an email send command.

I get the email message from the Cron but the other code in the Cron does not seem to work.

The Contact us page does not send any email and if i close the browser when i have friend online i still see him connected.

Any ideas?

2. I didn't success to change (enlarge) the main menu font. What is the class name that i need to change in order to enlarge the main menu font?

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Alia Apr 11 '13
orela
orela Apr 7 '13

I updated the topic.

Please see my latest update/problem.

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by orela Apr 7 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 8 '13
orela,

CRON: the fact that you got the message from CRON doesn't mean that CRON is working.
What does received email says?

Contact US: try setting up SMTP.

FONT: I am not a designer myself, so I can't help you with this question. Let's see if other community members can help. 
Igor
Igor Apr 8 '13
Orela, try adding font size in admin panel>> appearance >>edit theme>>CSS>>edit CSS :

.ow_main_menu {    font-size: 20px;}

Replace 20px with desired size.

The Forum post is edited by Igor Apr 8 '13
orela
orela Apr 8 '13
Hello

Aliia,

I didn't understand your question...

I wanted to check if the cron is running (configure to run correctly in the server), so i added in the cron script code that send an email every time the script is running.

I got the email but the other cron script maybe has problem as i explained:

"The Contact us page does not send any email and if i close the browser when i have friend online i still see him connected.

"

The problem does not related to SMTP. Regular email command from the cron script works.

Igor,

I already tried it but the main menu font size didn't change.

I am working in RTL view maybe this can cause a problem?

Alia Team
Alia Apr 8 '13
>>I wanted to check if the cron is running (configure to run correctly in the server), so i added in the cron script code that send an email every time the script is running.

Yes, I understood this part. The email you receive, does it contain any info? Errors?
Can you send a screen shot of the email you receive?
Can you send  your CRON job command?

As I have said before, the fact the you are receiving an email via CRON Daemon every time CRON runs, doesn't mean that CRON is actually working.

We can check whether CRON is working or not for sure using following method:

1.send a mass mailing
2. open ow_base_mail table in your database. There you will the list of all emails in "to be sent list".
3. When CRON runs, check this table. Does it contain the same amount of rows as it did before CRON ran?

Regarding Contact Us.
There could be several reasons why this is not working:
1. plugin is not set correctly.
2. sent emails come to spam box
3. sent emails get stuck on your mail server due to some kind of limitations.

Let's fix CRON issue and see whether this will also solve the issue with Contact Us page.

Igor
Igor Apr 8 '13
orela, I have tried to do the same with language being set to RtL. And it worked. 

Try cleaning cache memory of your browser after making changes in CSS. 

orela
orela Apr 9 '13
Hello

I found the Contact us email problem.

I did a forward to emails from my server to my Gmail.

If i enter junk email (email that does not exist) to the contact us page than it does not forward it or Gmail block it. 

When i wrote an existing email than the server forward it correctly to my email.

Anyway the server got all the email from the contact us page. The problem is with forwarding.

Mass emails work also.

Does it mean that the Cron works OK?

It still takes a long time to recognize that my friends is no longer connect to the site.

Regarding to the main menu font size its not working...

I added this code to the CSS:

.ow_main_menu{ font-size: 20px;}

But i see no change.

I did a refresh and check it on other browsers (same behavior).

Thanks

Alia Team
Alia Apr 9 '13
>>It still takes a long time to recognize that my friends is no longer connect to the site.

Can I have your site URL to check this?

Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Apr 9 '13
Try to enable DEV mode in ow_includes/config.php

And push F5

If nothing happened try to enable another Theme> F5 on index>enable your theme once again

orela
orela Apr 10 '13
Hello

Aliia,

I sent you my site details in PM

Alia Team
Alia Apr 10 '13
Orela, thank you.

I can now confirm that CRON is working on your site.

Users are getting loged out/offlined right away ( I guess your cron runs every minute) when they LOG OUT ( using "log out" option). BUT users keep staying online ( I assume for 30 mins, but need to wait 25 more mins to confirm this) if they just close browser without loging out.

I will get back to you after 30 mins.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 10 '13
Orela, everything is ok.
My assumption was right.

If user just closes the browser without loging out, he stays "online" under "Members" sections as well as in chat for 30 minutes.

30 mins timelimit is set here: ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php:
method - deleteExpiredOnlineUsers

So after 30 minutes system checks whether user was active or not, if user stayed inactive for 30 minutes ( and he surely did, since he just closed the browser), CRON will "offline" this user.
orela
orela Apr 10 '13
Thanks!

Did you try to see the problem with the main menu font size?

Alia Team
Alia Apr 10 '13
Regarding font size.
Seems like in Origin theme font size is gotten from the following styles:

html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre, a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code, del, dfn, em, font, img, ins, kbd, q, s, samp, small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var, b, u, i, center, dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, fieldset, form, label, legend, table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {

backgroundnone repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;    border0 none;    font-size100%;    margin0;    outline0 none;    padding0;    vertical-alignbaseline;

And adding font size to .ow_main_menu as suggested by Igor won't work since styles set above are of higher priority. You will need to play around with CSS to make this work. Unfortunately I am not a designer and can't help you with this.

orela
orela Apr 10 '13
Thanks
Alex Philipp
Alex Philipp Apr 10 '13
Quote from Aliia Orela, everything is ok.
My assumption was right.

If user just closes the browser without loging out, he stays "online" under "Members" sections as well as in chat for 30 minutes.

30 mins timelimit is set here: ow_system_plugins/base/bol/user_service.php:
method - deleteExpiredOnlineUsers

So after 30 minutes system checks whether user was active or not, if user stayed inactive for 30 minutes ( and he surely did, since he just closed the browser), CRON will "offline" this user.

Thank you, Aliia for such info
Alia Team
Alia Apr 11 '13
Welcome.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 11 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.