We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

URGENT HELP | Forum

Joseph Simon
Joseph Simon Apr 3 '13

I DIDN'T TOUCH ANY SETTINGS ABOUT CRON.BUT SUDDENLY THIS MESSAGE IS ALL OVER MY INBOX. :( what is this??????I also noticed ,usually everyday more than 200 spam accounts was created on my site.But yesterday there was no spam accounts at all .I installed the anti spam to block one user using his IP address ,because he is my competitor.AFTER that one user complained he was been flagged as a spammer.So i deactivated it and then today morning i uninstalled it.I also noticed some users are not getting any emails either.Not in spam or inbox,especially the gmail ones. Help help help
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Simon Apr 3 '13
Joseph Simon
Joseph Simon Apr 3 '13

Joseph Simon
Joseph Simon Apr 3 '13
Joseph Simon
Joseph Simon Apr 3 '13
The 2nd picture was how it looked before,and 3rd is the one after arvixe support changed it.They set empty email.Now i wont get emails.But the question is the cron error really solved?what is the default oxwall cron job cammand?
Joseph Simon
Joseph Simon Apr 3 '13
/bin/sh: wget: command not found this was the email i got
Alia Team
Alia Apr 4 '13
Joseph, emails like in your first screen shot is a normal thing to receive. Those emails are sent every time CRON runs. So if your CRON runs every minute, you will be getting email every minute.

If you do not want an email to be sent for an individual cron job you can redirect the command's output to /dev/null like this: mycommand >/dev/null 2>&1
Michael I.
Michael I. Apr 4 '13
There should be a tickbox on your Cron settings page which you should uncheck if you don't want to receive your Cron's output via email.

Also, make sure you have Watchdog plugin installed - it would prevent your website from spammers.