We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What is DeFi - decentralized finance? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John May 23

Great read on something that is gaining steam and a topic you’ll hear more about in the future. There are some really interesting products and services being developed within this area.

In simpler terms, it’s financial software built on the blockchain that can be pieced together like Money Legos.

DeFi Pulse – 3 Sep 19What is DeFi? - DeFi Pulse

DeFi will change the way you look at money. Read about the fastest growing trend in the Ethereum ecosystem that's disrupting finance as we know it.

Project/protocol listing

defipulse.comDeFi Pulse | The DeFi Leaderboard | Stats, Charts and Guides

The analytics + rankings hub for DeFi. DeFi Pulse tracks key metrics for Decentralized Finance(DeFi) projects and so you can stay up to date on the latest trends.

Rajesh Rajpo
Rajesh Rajpo May 23
Hi,
This is indeed an interesting topic. It makes Forex look like a snail by comparison with the “hares” of the crypto-currency world. Before 1May2020 I knew absolutely nothing about crypto, but had some time on my hands to start learning. Three months later I am invested in eight crypto-currencies, the (very small) portfolio gain is something I find hard to believe, beginner’s luck, and I am now committed to creating a crypto investment portfolio ten times the size of the initial undertaking, and at a later stage when I know enough about it, to add a component of “crypto trading” to that investment account.
Olli Stor
Olli Stor May 24
I totally get what you mean about the comparison to Forex – it's like on fast-forward compared to traditional finance. And hey, beginner's luck or not, it's fantastic that you've already seen some gains in your portfolio.  It's fascinating to see how it's disrupting so many sectors, from banking to the Internet of Things. The potential for defi to revolutionize how we interact with money and data is huge. One thing that really excites me  is the opportunities it offers for financial inclusion. With traditional finance, so many people are excluded from basic financial services. Anyone with an internet connection can access a whole range of financial products and services, from lending to
The Forum post is edited by Olli Stor May 24
Kseniia
Kseniia May 28
How to build a DeFi lending platform?DeFi lending systems provide high returns, low fees, and ease of use. Allow Cleveroad to build a turnkey DeFi lending and borrowing platform for your company: you will obtain a trustworthy and custom-designed system that is tailored to your specific requirements.
The Forum post is edited by Kseniia May 28