We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Investments - Physical Assets | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John May 27
What are some good physical items to invest in? I thought it might be a good preparedness idea to diversify and have some value items that are not electronic stocks?I'm not talking about ammo, alochol, and end of the world items. Just looking for some normal things to buy that might go up in value regardless of what the stock market might do... There is something said for owning/having physical items that appreciate in value and can be sold/traded if needed.I have a short list of ideas so far that can get the discussion started. I'm interested in what everyone else might have for physical investment ideas...Land/Property/HousesCoins/Gold/SilverCollectable FirearmsCollectable AutomobilesAnd I know someone is going to say knives...
Olli Stor
Olli Stor May 27
here is a bit of advise that i got from a major investor. if there was any kind of event that basically trashes the stock market.
then collectables become mostly worthless. if people lose their investments collectables seem a lot less important.
Mark Twain and Will Rogers shared a sentiment. As Twain said, "Buy land, they're not making it anymore". ...
Rajesh Rajpo
Rajesh Rajpo May 27
Sounds like you're planning for a self-sufficient haven! A spot away from natural disasters, with space for sustenance farming and reliable water access, is key. A sturdy, off-grid home with diverse energy sources ensures resilience. Stock up on tools, seeds, and essentials like salt. For transport, consider eco-friendly options like electric bikes or horses. Fruit trees offer long-term sustenance, while spare roof tiles prepare you for upkeep. Building debt-free is wise; prioritize a secure home over flashy assets. If you're still exploring, a Trading Robot could diversify your financial strategy.
The Forum post is edited by Rajesh Rajpo May 27