We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

PDF/HTML imbed in oxwall | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
John
John Apr 7 '13
I have been attempting to convert pdf books into html.  I have been able to do that.  However, I've been attempting to figure out a way to create their own pages and input the html code.  I am able to do this to a degree, but it will only display so much of the book.  I did not know if someone had a better way of possibly doing this.

I am using the skysa toolbar, and thought it would be great to have our public domain books in html format, so they can be translated into any language easily

Alia Team
Alia Apr 8 '13
John,

>>, I've been attempting to figure out a way to create their own pages and input the html code.

You mean, you would like users to be able to create new custom pages, insert the html code there?
What should happen with those pages? Where should they be displayed?
I guess you have already tried custom HTML widgets?

John
John Apr 13 '13
I have, but to no avail.

I am converting public domain books into html.  I attempt to implement that code into oxwall, but it doesn't really like that.  I may just need to set them up as there own html pages, but like the idea of having them embedded into the actual program, so non-users do not have access to those pages.