We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Site Not Loading After 1.5.2 Update [Solved] | Forum

Jeff
Jeff Apr 11 '13
I am also having an issue after upgrading. I am getting this error http://puu.sh/2y7WN

My site wont load anything after updating (successfully, or so it said). Do I need to manually update the plugins before it will load correctly? I can't get to the homepage or the admin panel.

The Forum post is edited by Alia Apr 17 '13
Jeff
Jeff Apr 11 '13
From my web host:

"Nickolas T.:That error means that too many people are connecting to the database at the same time. You would want to get a caching module/plugin for your site and that will fix it."

Jeff
Jeff Apr 11 '13

(12:57:29pm)Me:Well I can't even access my website right now so how do I go about doing this?

(12:58:07pm)Nickolas T.:You'd have to check with the support for the software you are using.

(12:58:12pm)Me:Is it possible to increase that limit? It happened during an update and only I was accessing the database

(12:58:43pm)Nickolas T.:It is not possible to increase the limit unfortunately.

I think I may be having the same issue as this guy http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10193  I know I had 12 plugins to update after the core install. But obviously can't get to that point now... and don't know what the twelve plugins were. I guess I'll try to go through disabling everything and bringing them back on one at a time if the site comes back.

Enabled Debug for the 500 error:

OW Debug - NoticeMessage:Undefined variable: selectorEndPosFile:/home3/geekmesa/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.phpLine:536

OW Debug - NoticeMessage:Undefined variable: attrNameFile:/home3/geekmesa/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.phpLine:551

OW Debug - NoticeMessage:Undefined variable: attrValueFile:/home3/geekmesa/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/theme_service.phpLine:552

The Forum post is edited by Jeff Apr 11 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 11 '13
Jeff, regarding max_user_connection error. We can't do anything to fix this error, since this is related to server settings. This error is not connected to you updating plugins. Usually the error disappears if you wait for some time and try accessing your site again.

Regarding not being able to access your site and Debug Notice messages.

1. Can I have your site URL?
2. Did you do manual upgrade or auto uprgade?
3. Currently all of your plugins are disabled? ( as I have understood from your reply in another forum topic, you have disabled all plugins via database).

Michael
Michael Apr 12 '13
Hello, I am the co-owner of the website along with Jeff, I will be giving information is his absence

1) Our site URL is www.geekmesa.com
2) We did an automatic at first and then when we saw that it was not loading, we did a manual - Neither worked.
3) I disabled all the plugins one by one to no avail earlier on. They are all enabled now.
Michael
Michael Apr 12 '13
So it seems that I have made some progress here. The site loads but the template is all messed up now. I have updated to the most recent version of graphiteplus but that did not fix the issue. Anyone willing to help me out here?
Jeff
Jeff Apr 12 '13
It almost has to be the template at this point. I tried uploading a 1.5.2 tamplate and installing it which worked. But when I go to Choose Template the only option that it shows is Graphite+Sidebar. Is there a way to manually change the default template in a config somewhere?
Michael
Michael Apr 13 '13
Our issue is fixed. Not sure about the first problem (with the max_user_connection) but after some finessing I have managed to fix the problems associated with our site.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 15 '13
Michael, do you mind sharing what you did to fix the issue?
Michael
Michael Apr 16 '13
Well on the installation, it gave us that max_user_connection error when we tried to install the update automatically. From there I tried a manual install like 2-3 times which eventually brought up a very messed up template (or lack thereof if you want to get technical). After enabling DEV_MODE and DEBUG_MODE in the config.php, I was able to pinpoint the issues down to some of the files pointing to an old directory that we haven't used in months. So I fixed some things and had to move some files and everything worked after that.

One thing I do recommend though for anyone that is going to update is to make a backup of your DATABASE. I could care less if I lost the actual site files because we could just upload a fresh install and go from there. I always make database backups though because that is the content of your site. Just a little tip for anybody new to this stuff.