We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Anyone Tested? - Site CKEditor | Forum

BC
BC Apr 12 '13
Just wondering if anyone has tested it yet?
Alberto MC
Alberto MC Apr 12 '13
It seems works fine, but I would like to have more options like align or full featured.
Attachments:
  ckeditor.png (21.18Kb)
BC
BC Apr 12 '13
I'll wait for someone verified to vouch :)
matt
matt Apr 12 '13
Seems to work well.

I tried switching the skin in build-config.js - but it didn't seem to work. Presumably we might get more features on the 'Kama' skin?
BC
BC Apr 13 '13
Demo?
matt
matt Apr 13 '13
I note that my browser spell check does not work within the editor. That may be common to ck - but its very annoying. Anyone know a fix for that?

Matt
Alberto MC
Alberto MC Apr 13 '13

Spell check works well for me, tested on IE, Chrome and FF.

When créate a new event, icons are displayed incomplete but I think it's a bug of event plugin because textarea is smaller.

matt
matt Apr 13 '13
Oh! Cool, my version shows the spelling errors but doesn't let me correct them. Bizarre!

Thanks,

Matt

Alberto MC
Alberto MC Apr 13 '13

For a strange reason spell check stopped working on FF, on IE it's working well, even with autocorrection.

Attachments:
  spellcheck.jpg (33.42Kb)
BC
BC Apr 14 '13
So how do you change the skin live?
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 15 '13
Sounds great! I am going to try it later today and will give you all a review :)

I‘ve used ckEditor in the past with Drupal (hissss!) and WordPress and it is one of the better, more popular free WYSIWYG out there today. Sos my expectations are probably higher.

If it turns out the configuration has not been fully intergrated with Oxwall I suspect (with a bit of PHP. and JavaScript knowledge) the settings can be customised further.

See: http://docs.cksource.com/...tting_Configurations

The great thing about CKEditor is that has a RoadMap for ongoing development and a support community, so if there‘s bug there‘s help.
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 15 '13
Quick Question...

Anyone know if this plugin works with Oxwall core plugins (other than forums and blogs?) such as as Links and Groups?
matt
matt Apr 15 '13
Hi David,

Links, groups, videos all seem to use this editor, once installed.

Matt
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 15 '13
Great!
BC
BC Apr 15 '13
So when will this have a fully integrated config? :)
Arifur Rahman
Arifur Rahman Apr 29 '13
What kind of format of this file??

I can not open it after download, Where is your .zip file??

Alberto MC
Alberto MC Apr 30 '13
Quote from Arifur Rahman What kind of format of this file??

I can not open it after download, Where is your .zip file??

Rename the file adding the extension .zip
DavidZenry
DavidZenry Apr 30 '13
Yes that will work.

This Plugin is absolutely RUBBISH it adds zero new functionality to the existing Oxwall core and is not the full-featured WYSIWIG editor that ckeditor offers.

Joseph Simon
Joseph Simon May 1 '13

Quote from DavidZenry Yes that will work.

This Plugin is absolutely RUBBISH it adds zero new functionality to the existing Oxwall core and is not the full-featured WYSIWIG editor that ckeditor offers.

Hi david ,please dont leave negative comments,But give suggestions so the dev can improve the plugin.
The Forum post is edited by Joseph Simon May 1 '13
matt
matt May 2 '13
Anyone make any headway in extending functionality? The expanded functions are much needed.

Matt
You do not have permission to reply this topic