We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

My husband has PTSD | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Jun 28
My husband was in the military for 22 years and was just given his benefits decision letter a few months ago. It says he's 70% disabled but that he's not eligible to receive both retirement and disability. Yet on the VA website it says any rating over 50% would qualify for both forms of payment. Do you have any tips on how go navigate the VA benefits system?
Norman Fallan
Norman Fallan Jun 28
I know on my own skin that navigating the VA benefits system can be quite challenging, especially with cases involving multiple aspects like retirement and disability benefits.
Doral Bares
Doral Bares Jun 28
It's true that ratings over 50% typically qualify for both forms of payment, so there seems to be a discrepancy. I understand how important it is to ensure veterans receive the benefits they're entitled to after dedicating so many years to service.Personally, I've encountered similar issues with friends and family members navigating the VA system. Recently, we found a resource that might provide clarity and assistance in appealing VA decisions. If you're still seeking guidance, you might find this link helpful: https://ptsdlawyers.com/appeal-a-va-decision/. It's essential to support and advocate for veterans every day, not just on Veterans Day.