We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Adding Custom Rank Badge to Profile | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Rivu
Rivu Apr 20 '11
Well, adden, These days You're Using a "TEAM" Badge when posting on foums.

How did u made that?
Den Team
Den Apr 21 '11
Hi Rivu.
This option was added since 1.1 version. Go to Admin Panel->Users->User Roles
You will see Column "Label on avatar", where you will be able to set label active and choose it color.
Den Team
Den Apr 22 '11
Now, you need to give labeled role this user. Go to this user's page (as admin) and click "Change Role", select role :)
Zak
Zak Jan 9 '13
How do I change my own role? I cannot change my own profile to any other role except "Member" I need it to be "Administrator" 

I've tried in user>user roles and on the profile.
Alia Team
Alia Jan 9 '13
Zak, if the only goal you would like to achieve is to add "Admin" label to admin's avatar, just make this label part of the image in any photo editor.

Admins in Oxwall software can not choose a role for themselves.The logic behind this is that it is assumed that admin of the site has all rights to do anything on the site and he doesn't need a role.
Zak
Zak Jan 9 '13
Well I'd prefer to have admin or team on my actual profile rather than the default role. If I added it to my avatar, I'd still have to make sure it covers the original default role as well. 

I might add a custom HTML panel under my about me and have a custom admin image.

The Forum post is edited by Zak Jan 9 '13
tracy
tracy Jan 19 '13
sad thing is admin does need a role and is assigned default role and is not immune to any changes to that role.
Unique
Unique Jan 19 '13

Quote from Den Hi Rivu.
This option was added since 1.1 version. Go to Admin Panel->Users->User Roles
You will see Column "Label on avatar", where you will be able to set label active and choose it color.

sad just a label, but it does not work perfectly...all labels will function the same as the default role (default label)
Mike
Mike Feb 2 '13
I have the same problem, i have ''News reporters'' and ''Moderators'' and ''Normal users''...

The problem is that only news reporters & mod's can post news (In the Blog section)....... So there is one problem... Because i don't have the News Reporters, Mod... (Or my own ADMIN badge) the system thinks i'm normal? Because i can't post anything in the news section?

So it will be very cool if a admin can give himself a badge! :)

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I believe you can do that Mike. Create a new role for Admin having a label. and associate the admin to that role. Make sure that this new role is not the default one.
Mike
Mike Feb 3 '13
Quote from Purusothaman Ramanujam I believe you can do that Mike. Create a new role for Admin having a label. and associate the admin to that role. Make sure that this new role is not the default one.

I created a new role with the name Admin.... But i can't give myself a role ...
Jacq
Jacq Feb 3 '13
Mike, join your site as new user'A'.  So you have 2 accounts.  Then log out and log back in as original admin.  Then make new user'A' also (moderator) admin.  Then create admin role with admin label.  Then admin 'A' can change original admin role to having admin label.  Then original admin now with label can change new user "A" back to normal status (non admin).

If that makes sense!
Purusothaman Ramanujam

Quote from Mike But i can't give myself a role ...

I still believe its possible to assign yourself a role. I have not personally tried but have seen that being done by my clients.

Mike
Mike Feb 3 '13
Quote from Jacq Mike, join your site as new user'A'.  So you have 2 accounts.  Then log out and log back in as original admin.  Then make new user'A' also (moderator) admin.  Then create admin role with admin label.  Then admin 'A' can change original admin role to having admin label.  Then original admin now with label can change new user "A" back to normal status (non admin).

If that makes sense!

YES! WAUW. It helped!! Thank you so much!!
Jacq
Jacq Feb 3 '13
It's a pleasure mike :)
Alia Team
Alia Feb 3 '13
>>>I created a new role with the name Admin.... But i can't give myself a role ...

Here is the trick.
If you would like to have "Change Role" button for the site admin go to : ow_system_plugins/base/components/profile_action_toolbar.php

and comment out following lines:

if ( empty($addedData) )
        {
            $this->setVisible(false);
            return;
        }

kalvindarwan
kalvindarwan Dec 22 '23
We offer competitive rates so you’re not left stranded or abandoned. Newport News Concrete Company
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
No matter what type of trailer you use, we’ve got you covered. Del Rio Mobile Truck Repair