We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Hide or remove Site Name at top of Page | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Jordan Boyls
Jordan Boyls Apr 17 '13
Hi fellow Oxwall users.  I have a custom Header with artwork that displays my desired Site Name and logo, but I also have the standard text Site Name at the top of my pages.  I want to hide or remove the text as it is repetitive and also get's cut in half due to the search plus plugin I have installed.  Any advice on how to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance 

Jordan

Alia Team
Alia Apr 17 '13
Try removing unneeded code in general.html and dndindex.html of your currently active theme (ow_themes/youthemename/master pages/)

Usually the code looks like:

<div class="ow_logo_wrap"><a href="{$siteUrl}">{$siteName}</a></div>
Jordan Boyls
Jordan Boyls Apr 17 '13
Thanks for the quick reply Aliia.  I followed your instructions, and the site name still shows. Any other ideas you can think of?

Thanks

Jordan

Alia Team
Alia Apr 17 '13
Jordan, enable DEV mode in config.php and refresh your site again.
OR
open your site in another browser, where you didn't open it before.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 17 '13
You always need to enable DEV mode if you are doing changes in .html files.
Enabled DEV mode allows you to see the changes made within .html files right away.
Jordan Boyls
Jordan Boyls Apr 17 '13
It worked...you are now my new favorite person in the whole world!

Thanks again AliiaJordan

Alia Team
Alia Apr 17 '13
Jordan, don't forget to disable DEV mode once you are done.

You are welcome ))
Alia Team
Alia Apr 17 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Alia Team
Alia Dec 24 '13
Another way to achieve this without editing .html  files : http://docs.oxwall.org/overview:custom_design#removing-site-name
Jami
Jami May 22 '23
The distance between your old home and new home is one of the biggest factors that affect the cost of moving services. The farther the distance, the more expensive it will be. This is because the moving company has to cover the cost of fuel, tolls, and other expenses related to travel. If you’re moving long distance, it's important to get quotes from several moving companies to ensure that you’re getting the best deal. Auto Shipping Rates Colonial Heights, Virginia