We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Update to 1.1.1 how?? question | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Brooklyn Sweet
Brooklyn Sweet Apr 20 '11
How can I just delete the 1.03 version and install the 1.1.1 from softlouis and then re add my database of my users and photos and etc or am I stuck with 1.03? I tried to to it the manual way and get error after everything and don't understand about renaming folder to ow-update
Den Team
Den Apr 21 '11
Hi
Do you see auto update request in your admin panel? With autoupdate you will just need to press Update button and system will all work for you automatically.
To get autoupdates working, you need be sure that your cronjob is working well. See this topics for solving cronjob issues.
Brooklyn Sweet
Brooklyn Sweet Apr 21 '11
it seems to be correct the cron but still no update ballon... the settings are from softloius when it installed it automaticlly
Den Team
Den Apr 21 '11
What version do you have currently installed?
Brooklyn Sweet
Brooklyn Sweet
this is in my command line on cron is this correct?
cd /home/brookl75/public_html/rximagazine.com/online/ow_cron/run.php
Den Team
Den Apr 21 '11
no it isn't, it should be some thing like this
php home/brookl75/public_html/rximagazine.com/online/ow_cron/run.php
g00d
g00d Apr 21 '11
Hi folks, my cronjob is setup right (as it works well now) but cannot get it updated. I tried everything by now:

- First switching to the standard template,
- then update core (I get the messages, but no updated happens)
I tried manual upgrade by unzipping the update file and then /ow_update, but I get an error there, the autoupdate msg stays after this, although it now says it's version 1.1 when I click update.
- updating the plugins does not work either...

any ideas? :-/
Brooklyn Sweet
thank you addenster I will try that
Brooklyn Sweet
I think it works now I put php f/home etc
Den Team
Den Apr 22 '11
Good! Now, please, wait for a few hours while cron will check our server for new updates.
Brooklyn Sweet
Brooklyn Sweet Apr 22 '11
it works thanks
g00d
g00d Apr 26 '11
Hey Addenster. I don't follow.
Do you mean I have to wait several hours until the cron does the updates?
And in meanwhile my site is offline?

So how to do it?
- switch to a standard theme
- upload/replace the new version of the Aerial theme
- update the core
- wait few hours (how to see if it's updated?)
- update the plugins
- switch to Aerial again.
- done?

Thx for your many many help.
Den Team
Den Apr 26 '11
Hi g00d.

Quote from g00d
Do you mean I have to wait several hours until the cron does the updates?

No, I mean wait until cron will check for new updates. If your cronjob works well, it will check for new updates and you will see core and plugins update requests in green ballons. First update core and then plugins.

I didn't understood you about themes switching :) What do you mean?

g00d
g00d Apr 27 '11
YES YES YES I did it :-D
Indeed I needed some patience, so I waited 5 minutes to do the next step and it worked like a charm.
I did it manualy.

Now, there are some privacy problems, but I will open a new post.

Thx for the good work!
REHMAN
REHMAN Apr 13
It is advertising and marketing offers advertisments so as to practical research ahead of placing. In other words to jot down more appropriate area in this way. Pre-Degree Programmes
REHMAN
REHMAN Apr 13
This is certainly additionally an exceedingly wonderful offer everyone truly qualified on the lookout with. It's always not likely everyday there is chances read a little something. https://ligaklikpartneruero2024.vip
REHMAN
REHMAN Apr 15
vn88's website is easy to use, even for those new to online gambling. vn88
REHMAN
REHMAN Apr 15
Howdy! I just want to give an enormous thumbs up for the great information you might have here on this post. I will likely be coming back to your weblog for more soon. tydo88
REHMAN
REHMAN Apr 16
V8 Poker is a term that doesn't seem to have a widely recognized meaning in the context of poker as of my last update. It could be a specific variant of the game, a poker room or website, or perhaps a reference to something else entirely. Could you provide more context or clarify what you're looking for regarding V8 Poker? V8 game bài
Pages: 1 2 »