We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

What happened to Anti Spammer | Forum

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Apr 17 '13
What happened to Anti Spammer the great plugin.  It is gone now.

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jun 29 '13
I don't think it was asking to much of him to complete one project before going to the next. Also there were a lot of bugs in his work and rather then fixing them he would blame it on the persons server. this upset a lot of people. So rather than taking care of the people who were begging for a fix he just deleted his work. Im still rather pissed off about the credits lotto myself. I hope now that hes working for the foxtechs team he is taking more time to bug test and support his plugins. 
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jun 30 '13
That is very good to hear. I like paul I just really wish he would have fixed that plugin as I am still very interested in using it.

Pete
Pete Jul 5 '13

Quote from FoxTechs
Quote from OxwallAccessories
I hope now that hes working for the foxtechs team he is taking more time to bug test and support his plugins. 

Yep :) Seems like most of our plugins are good, the only problem I can admit is that a lot of them have some style bugs/language errors, but that is what we spend most of our time doing - trying to fix those.

-Jake

Jake not very good helping you to sell your plugins that message,its kinda off putting
The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 8 '13
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jul 5 '13
What is wrong with anti spammer?  Seems to be working on my site OK.

Am I missing something?  

Den Team
Den Jul 10 '13
Topic was moved from Oxwall Store.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jul 10 '13
I prefer the concept of taking advantage of anti spam services rather than just adding trick questions.   I think anti spammer is great and worth developing/updating.  I believe that people would pay for it.  I would.

I believe that it is the only plugin that allows us to tap into reported spam lists like stopforumspam etc.   I can see how if someone enabled too many thingies that it could add overhead.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jul 10 '13
I would buy a rewrited version of it as long as it was like $5 or $10   It could be a bit more efficient with resources maybe.  It is a great concept.  It would be good if it provided clues regarding how much overhead each enabled feature was adding.  Also essential would be the ability to look past Cloudflare to the actual source IP which I believe the current one already does.

Regards,

Steve

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jul 10 '13
I did not mean to make you sad.  I am sorry.