We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

facebook sharers doesn't get the page content anymore | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kadri
Kadri Apr 22 '13
hi,  what i am talking about, the social share buttons, specially the facebook button, actually i put them onto user profil page, my users share their profil pages because all their actual activity is exhibited there,  anyway it is not matter where you put these buttons.

what the problem is, before,   when you click on the facebook share button, it would detect the page and select an images from the page and integrate it to the post, your post published with a picture from the page content ( it generally select the the biggest image) anyway but now it doesn't get any image,  sometimes it only detect the "oxwall software" label, but in general it doesn't get any image

i believe that this occur after the 1.5.2,  i tested the same buttons with my wall.fm site, it works normal there, which is 1.5.1 

but in oxwall script it doesn't detect images,( as i said it sometimes only detect oxwall label)  

here the example,  wall.fm button get my  profile photo, but in my 1.5.2 oxwall script site, the same buttons, the same profile content  only gets the  oxwall label..

please inform me about this ?!

The Forum post is edited by Kadri Apr 22 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 24 '13
Kadri, are you using custom code for share buttons?

Kadri
Kadri Apr 24 '13
i use Sharethis code
Kadri
Kadri Apr 24 '13
have you any alternative codes which integrate images into posts