We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Collaborative album creation | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Sint oelbert
Sint oelbert Apr 23 '13
Dear reader, I am setting up Oxwall to allow people from my old school to collaboratively build up photo albums. They are now massively sending me photo's that are older than 30 years, and require descriptions and tags that cannot be produced by one person, because it lays a claim to collective memory. I like Oxwall for its flexible set-up, great photo viewer, and options, but two important features seem to be completely absent:

1. the possibility to get a survey of albums, even if it is just a few
2. the possibility to let multiple users tag and describe the same photo

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance.
The Forum post is edited by Sint oelbert Apr 23 '13
Alia Team
Alia Apr 24 '13
Sint,

1. you can suggest this to UserVoice or customize the code yourself.
2. this feature was already suggested. You can vote for it here: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/...videos-like-facebook
Sint oelbert
Sint oelbert Apr 24 '13
Dear Aliia,

Thanks for your quick reply. I know it has been suggested earlier, in different ways. But there wasn't any satisfying answer. In fact, I found out that the Oxwall team is quite reluctant to have it in, probably for good reasons. Perhaps Oxwall isn't the right application to want this (after all, I mainly want to use it to build a photo album collaboratively, and doubt whether the users will start using the other functions too), but if you could hint me where to look for the code, I can give it a little try myself.

Thanks a lot in advance, and kind regards,

Joop