We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Can't uninstall groups | Forum

TBird
TBird Apr 23 '13
Module is always in delete in progress mode when try and uninstall. After uninstall is clicked all groups are deleted every few hours but not the module it's self.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 24 '13
TBird, make sure that CRON is up and running. This particular plugin gets completely uninstalled only when Cron runs.
TBird
TBird Aug 10 '13
Here is the problem. Groups are out of the database but remain in admin panel and will not delete which means it won't uninstall no matter how much the cron is run. How do I manually uninstall? I don't even have any groups on my site but still can't get it uninstalled over even a fresh group module installed.
The Forum post is edited by TBird Aug 10 '13
dave Leader
dave Aug 11 '13

If you want to get rid of all the groups and all the group data and start over you an always clear the group tables.

ox_groups_group

ox_groups_group_user

ox_groups_invite

This should get rid of all your groups and all the data for the groups if you clear those tables.

Alia Team
Alia Aug 12 '13
TBird, I will be glad to check the issue for you if you PM me your admin panel, and control panel access details.

Dave's solution will work as well.  Also make sure to delete "groups" sub folder from your control panel under ow_plugins folder. Use this solution only if you are sure what you are doing. Make a back up of your site just in case.
TBird
TBird Aug 12 '13
Already did all the suggestions and still listed in admin. INVALID_URI when I click uninstall now. At least it got rid of the 500 error. The goal is to uninstall and then reinstall updated version. . there must be some other place it's listed. No in database and not in plug ins.

Aliia I would be happy to give you log-in info except the site is full of xxx pictures. Granted the models are very pretty, however, it will make the most liberal blush unless you are from Europe where it's no big deal.
Alia Team
Alia Aug 13 '13
TBird, no problems. =)
Note that I will need not only admin panel access, but also control panel, since I will need to check the files on your server and database tables.
Will be waiting for your PM.
TBird
TBird Aug 24 '13
/ow_plugins/photo/views/controllers/photo_ajax_update_photo.html seems like the cause of 500 error. No such file exists. Please send to me.
The Forum post is edited by TBird Aug 24 '13
Alia Team
Alia Aug 25 '13
TBird, how did you find out that this file is causing the issue?
"Photo" plugin doesn't have this file originally.
Alia Team
Alia Aug 26 '13
Further discussion about photo_ajax_update_photo.html  file  can be found here http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/12899
Tuan
Tuan Aug 27 '13

TBird,

Try looking at the url when you hover over the uninstall link of the plugin. Is the url structure different of the other plugin uninstalled link? If so copy the working uninstall link and remodify it with group. like e.g  

WRONG-(will keep you hanging) url:  plugins/groups/uninstall

RIGHT-(will delete it off your admin) url:  plugins/uninstall-request/key/groups

If you do a fresh copy of oxwall with all the basic plugin that they have, you will see that you wont be able to uninstall all of them. (i don't know if it's a bug) but I remodified the urls and it removed the plugin.

I don't know if this is your issue but hope that helps.

Alia Team
Alia Aug 28 '13
TBird, standart Oxwall installation will have plugins/groups/uninstall  URL for "Groups" plugin as well as for several others.

I have tried to uninstall the plugin from fresh installation of Oxwall and all went well.

If you face the same issue in future with other plugins  let me know.

Tuan
Tuan Aug 28 '13
Sorry Aliia if i said it wrong, but that's how it works for me. Mine kept hanging and left me on maintenance screen, so I went with the urls. Hopefully TBird got it fix.
Thanks
Alia Team
Alia Sep 2 '13
No problems =)
Any software tends to act in weirdest way sometimes.
And we will be glad to take a look why this happens to fix the issues in future.

So drop me a note if you face something like this again.