We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

USERS CANT REGISTER PROFILE USING GOOGLE CHROME [Can't reproduce. To test] | Forum

Jennifer
Jennifer Sep 12 '13
Oh, and I don't see anything specific to this issue in my error log -- just loads of RBL attempts.

Also, our Oxwall install is 1.5.3

The Forum post is edited by Jennifer Sep 12 '13
Alia Team
Alia Sep 17 '13
Jennifer, tried to register on your site about 7 times from different browser and OSs.
All registrations went though.

Can you let me know what you are entering into each field of the registration form when it ends up with blank/refreshing page?

Jennifer
Jennifer Sep 17 '13
Hello Aliia,

Thank you for taking the time to check into my site, I see your registrations!

I closed all of my browser windows and reloaded the page and I'm still getting the same trouble.

Is there a cache that ought to be cleared or something?

Here is what I entered this last round:

username: letmejoin01

email: test@test.com or my personal email address (neither works)

password: testtest01

repeat password: testtest01

I disabled Chrome's autofill and other extensions I had enabled on in my browser but it has made no difference.

Richard Smyton
Richard Smyton Sep 29 '13
Having the same problem with Chrome

www.learningnetwork.org.uk

Richard Smyton
Richard Smyton Sep 30 '13
Hi Alia.....I can see your registration went through!

The problem has been reported by a number of our users and I have it too when using Chrome Version 29.0.1547.76 m from my Windows 7 PC.

Alia Team
Alia Oct 1 '13
Richard, I have been checking in Windows 7 PC already. Using the same version of Chrome as you have mentioned. I will keep trying.
Radek
Radek Oct 2 '13
Hi, I have sometimes the same problem. I used Firefox, when I fill form sometimes isn't there any info and empty form. I don't know why sometimes this stuff happen.
Joseph
Joseph Oct 2 '13
for some reason when users sign into their google accounts with chrome this issue occurs I face the issue at http://wickednation.net

please note that when I say "sign into their google account" I am talking about how chrome allows you to sync your browser with your google account

The Forum post is edited by Joseph Oct 2 '13
Alia Team
Alia Oct 3 '13
Joseph, thanks for the hint. Will change by Chrome's settings now and will try to retest on all previously reported sites again.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 3 '13
Richard Smyton, can you let me know what are your Chrome's extensions? ( if any)
Screen shot of your chrome's settings and extensions would have been great as well.
Alia Team
Alia Oct 3 '13
Joseph, no luck reproducing your issue as well. Registration went through.
Does this happen to your user as well? Or it is a report from your site's users?

Alia Team
Alia Nov 4 '13
Chris, tried to register on your site just now in Chrome. All went well.
Though I tested in Chrome not in Chromium.
Jean
Jean Nov 14 '13

Hi All

I have exactly the same problem.

Windows 8 with Google Chrome 30.0.1599.101

Is it maybe because I am signed in the google account before going to my website and then trying to register. Clearly its got something to do with the pc browser and not the site.

How do we fix this?

Internet Explorer works fine.

Thanks

Alia Team
Alia Nov 18 '13
Jean, we have been hunting this mysterious issue for a long time now...and no luck yet.
I have tested on Windows 8 once.

What is your site URL?
Angelo
Angelo Nov 24 '13
I have the same issue, or I think so,,, i mean, I can sign up from mint 15 on chrome, I tried a different pc, chrome (unknown version though) on win7 and I managed to sign in, my fellow developers don't manage (with chrome, they did wit firefox). 
unfortunately the installation is pwd protected as still in development htis clears out doubt about hostings though as it works for me but not for them. 

Btw, when I signed up from win7 chrome was in incognito mode...
Phil
Phil Dec 1 '13

Quote from Aliia Jean, we have been hunting this mysterious issue for a long time now...and no luck yet.
I have tested on Windows 8 once.

What is your site URL?
Hi,
I've spent some time trying to understand where this issue came from too and here is what I found so far.
1- when comparing the Join form between different browsers, I instantly saw what's different from chrome and the other browsers was the password field, already filled in.
2- So I cleared cache, cookies, history ...., disabled auto complete and did other tweaks but it didn't do anything.
3- Then I decided to disconnect chrome from my google account, still no luck.
4- So I went to: "Delete this User" (in chrome settings) and Finally the password field went blank and finally I was able to create a new account using Chrome.
I reconnected chrome with my google account a few time, then deleted the user (in chrome) again and every time I was able to register.

Unfortunately I am not fixing anything here. I just hope Aliia and oxwall team will finally be able to reproduce this bug by signing in to chrome with a google account and do the proper testing so eventually they will come up with a solution ...
So, I would like to thank you guys in advance for fixing it :) Cheers !

Phil
Dime
Dime Dec 8 '13

Hello and thank you in advance for any support you're able to provide. 

My site is also experiencing the same issue. Users are unable to register on the site using Google chrome. http://www.iseekush.com/Kali/join

Hosting: Hostmonster-Shared

Thanks 

The Forum post is edited by Dime Dec 8 '13
Alia Team
Alia Dec 9 '13
Guys,  I was finally able to reproduce this. Strange thing is that this happened to me in Firefox.
I will play around with Chrome. Who knows...may be I will be lucky again. =)
Phil
Phil Dec 16 '13
Looks like i solved the problem on my site (http://3djewelrynetwork.com/join) by reorganizing the profile questions the way they were by default..:
1- username 2- email  3- password  4- real name ... -- I had them all mixed up before.
I cleared cache, cookies, related saved passwords. And now it works every time i register using Chrome !
Stephanie
Stephanie Dec 17 '13
I'm actually getting this error on both Chrome and FireFox.

Roleplaycentral.us

Pages: « 1 2 3 »