We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Be Social Hosting is down | Forum

Daniel
Daniel Apr 23 '13

I don't know were to post this, but I hope that I found the right place.

When I started to use Oxwall (about 2 months ago) I payed "Be social hosting" to host the site, because it was listed at oxwall.org

Now my site has been down for a week, and Be Social Hosting takes no responsability, claming that the fault is caused by a fire on the servercamp.

First of all I am curious to know, if anyone else is using Be Social Hosting, and if so - Are you having the same problems right now?

And second of all, I think that oxwall should remove the link to Be Social Hosting, to prevent others to end up whit the same problems.

bobbi
bobbi Apr 23 '13
we use it and our site online right now, we had some downtime yesterday but apart from that no problems
Daniel
Daniel Apr 24 '13
Strange.
bobbi
bobbi Apr 25 '13
i know your hands are tied paul, but please work with them and get this sorted

we have had hit and miss downtime hence the first post i wrote, but the site is down now 24 hours, this is terrible for us as the site had a bad reputation for the same thing on wall fm hence the migration to oxwall,

i hope the site can recover the members are getting ticked off now

at least keep us updated on the situation so we can update our members
Joseph
Joseph Apr 27 '13
downtime isnt the easiest thing to recover from guys but once you get things worked out and everything on track your patience will be rewarded it took me a year to bounce back from all my down time but it happened and was worth the switch over to oxwall from xitti aka adult wall.fm
Shaun
Shaun Apr 27 '13
At least you heard about the fire, I am still within my paid time with be social and I never heard a thing at all. I had to hear about it from bobbi on a similar post in another section of the forum.
Bob
Bob Apr 28 '13
I know its off topic really but I use http://www.webhostingpad.com/

I have NO problems with them at all... support questions are answered very fast

I have used them for many years now and very happy.

They do have a referral program and I could earn 6 months free hosting for each sign up

but notice the link it to the mail site NOT a referral link. 

If anyone does sign up and are happy then yes tell them it was me that sent you, but

I am NOT plugging them for free hosting.. I am just very happy with the price and service.

Bob