We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

After Latest Update No Plugins Available | Forum

Modern
Modern Apr 24 '13
I installed the latest Owall update and in my plugins folder several plugins are highlighted about 8.  On clicking on them I get the message that they are not available.

Do I have to download them individually to the plugin folder before clicking on the update link or is this supposed to be an automatic update facility.
Thanks for you help in advance - Steve
cit27
cit27 Apr 24 '13
What plugins?
some
free plugins was removed
​​by the creator
Alia Team
Alia Apr 25 '13
Modern, we have fixed the issue. It was caused by our update server. Try updating plugins now. Should start working.
Alia Team
Alia Apr 25 '13
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Modern
Modern Apr 25 '13
Thanks Aliia, all sorted now except usercredits, looking for the license key
Alia Team
Alia May 1 '13
Welcome.
Regarding usercredits, if you are still facing issues with this plugin you will need to email Skalfa user ( plugin's developer).
Modern
Modern May 3 '13

Sorted the User credits had the licese key in my purchases folder.  Still got problems with the user loto though any thoughts on this issue would be very helpful.  Its where the browser returns a message that the page has no hope of ever being installed.  e.g.  The page isn't redirecting properly Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

Obviously I have enabled cookies and done everything that I can to solve the problem and contacted the publisher to no avail.

The Forum post is edited by Modern May 3 '13
Bhavika Rugnath
Bhavika Rugnath May 5 '13
i had updated blog, photos and video but now i cant add them. What can i do?
Alia Team
Alia May 7 '13
Modern, regarding user loto plugin. What about adding it manually?

Bjavika, what do you mean by "can't add them"? Where are you trying to add them?
Modern
Modern May 9 '13
Adding it manually (lotto)??? I added the files manually by using ftp then followed the instructions but it just does not want to work.  I tried uninstalling all the other addons except the user credits and then the lotto to no avail.

Also another problem has become evident, the photo slide show does not work properly in IE 8, when not in compatibility view there pics don't show up and in compatibility view they do show up but then the menu tool bars and the little dots that show how many pics are in the sequence are listed vertically though it works alright in the firefox  browser.
Modern
Modern May 9 '13
Oh on the subject of the sliding picture gallery, by only having one pic come up at a time the picture size is far to big.  I think it would be better to have say three pictures present side by side.  As the bar slides, the left one is deleted and an new pic is placed on the right and the whole lot is scrolling one pic at a time to the left.  That way the overall height of the bar cound be around 2.5 inches which would look neat underneath the headder pic.  It would also help in dealing with the sharpness and pixilation problem on the pictures that is due to them being made over sized to meet the width of the page.  Just a suggestion.  You can check out the problem by opening the site www.modern-nationalist.com in the latest version of IE e.g 8 or higher and then using the compatibility view button on and off to see the effects.

The Forum post is edited by Modern May 10 '13