We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Forum Bug | Forum

Eeeprom
Eeeprom Apr 24 '13
Ok , I created a forum topic and made it a sticky and locked it.  If I login to as a user not admin. I can go to the forum read the post and cannot reply to it.

Which is what I want. However, If I click on the discussion Button on the right. I get an option of which forum topic I want to reply to and It allows me to post to the locked sticky forum topic I created. I do not want this. How do I fix this ?
Alia Team
Alia Apr 25 '13
Eeprom, can you send a screen shot where I can see "Discussion" button.
Eeeprom
Eeeprom Apr 25 '13

Hope this helps.
Eeeprom
Eeeprom Apr 25 '13
Alia Team
Alia May 1 '13
Eeeprom, everything is working ok.

When you lock a topic you lock only topic and not the Forum itself.
You have locked "Instructions" forum topic.
When you went to "Discussions"  button, you were redirected to the page "add new forum topic" page. Here you can select which forum your topic will belong to.
In your case "How the chat works" is forum's name and "Instructions" is forum topic.  If you lock the topic it doesn't mean the whole forum will be locked.

So on your screen shot #2 user will not be able to send a reply to already locked topic called "Instructions". Whatever user enters will appear as another forum topic within "How to use chat" forum.
Eeeprom
Eeeprom May 1 '13
Thanks for getting back on this. is there a way then to lock that forum so no replies can be put there?
Alia Team
Alia May 3 '13
Currently Oxwall doesn't have this functionality.