We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Excel sheet did not save despite manual saving | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
idayrare corded

My Excel sheet did not save despite me manually saving it regularly as I filled it. I closed Excel, opened it back up to check whether everything was OK and none of my changes saved.

There's nothing on the automatic recovery and nothing in the "Unsaved sheets" button.

Doral Bares
Doral Bares Aug 14
It’s the worst feeling when you think you’ve saved your work, and then it’s gone. Have you checked the file location where you saved it? Sometimes, Excel saves files in different places, especially if there are issues. Also, ensure that Excel is updated to the latest version, which can help with any bugs. If all else fails, you might want to look into recovery software.
Killian Vambey
I saw your post while looking for something, and That sounds super frustrating. I’ve been there, and it can feel like the universe is against you sometimes. I’ve learned always to check the auto-recovery settings in Excel. It might save your bacon next time. Also, maybe try saving your work in a different format or location, just to be safe. I found that using a cloud service can help, too, since it backs up your files automatically. It’s a lifesaver! If you want to dive deeper into Excel tricks, I recommend checking out myexcelonline. They have some great tips that can help you avoid this kind of headache in the future.
The Forum post is edited by Killian Vambey Aug 23