We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Install a plugin two times | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Robinson
Robinson Apr 29 '13
Hello !
I've done a research in the forum about my problem but i've found nothing, so here is my question :

How can we install two times the same plugin ?
In my case : i want two "blogs" space in my website. I've tried to install a second time the plugin "Blogs" but nothing happened.
I've tried to rename the plugin, and rename every file in it, and rename every mention of the original name in the file; when I install this different-named plugin, it said that the plugin is ready to be activate, but i can't found it in the installed plugin, so i can't activate it.
If someone has an idea, please, tell me :)

Have a nice day !
PS : excuse my english and sorry if "General Questions" wasn't the most appropriate section for this topic.

Great_Day
Great_Day Apr 29 '13
Hi, you may need to change the values between the <key>NAMEOFPLUGIN</key> in plugin.xml

The Forum post is edited by Great_Day Apr 29 '13
David A
David A Apr 29 '13
you can install a plugin twice???

Great_Day
Great_Day Apr 30 '13
David A, most likely yes. If you do so like I said the oxwall software will see it as two different plugins (haven't tried it!). Though this will not work with every plugin. If you would do that with the chat plugin it probably would screw up your site. Anyway you are free to try of course. 
Robinson
Robinson Apr 30 '13
I've tried. It has broken something : when i go on my website (main page), it shows a "internal server error" whereas i can access to the pages under the main page (as admin tools panel). If someone has an idea about how i can fix it, or how i can install a plugin twice....

Edit : The problem is fixed : i have manually desinstall the second plugin, then install the first one(without having desinstall it before). 

The Forum post is edited by Robinson Apr 30 '13