We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cheap two way radios | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Aug 26
I bought a few of these a month ago and after watching several you tube videos about programming them, they are actually very simple.
Main benefit is you can hook them up to an existing system.
Decent well built radio.
Sonia Ellison
Sonia Ellison Aug 26
A few of the crews I work with use cb radios in their tractors. So if I buy that unit and put it in my own tractor would that allow me to tune into their radio?
Patty Long
Patty Long Aug 26

If you're in the market for cheap two-way radios, I’d say it’s a good idea to consider the quality over just the price. You don’t want to end up with something that doesn’t meet your needs. For instance, an uhf portable radio could be a great choice. It’s usually reliable, especially if you plan to use it in areas with many buildings or other obstructions. 

The signal tends to be more apparent, and you get a better range, which is always a plus. Whether you're using it for work, camping, or to stay in touch with friends during outdoor activities, it's a solid option. While there are cheaper options, investing in something more durable and dependable could save you from the hassle of constant replacements.