We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Our car was nicked in the parking lot by a pizza delivery car | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Martina Perez
Martina Perez Aug 26
We live in a smaller town and our car was nicked in the parking lot by a pizza delivery car, we saw it happen(and heard it even) as we were coming out of the grocery store supermarket, and we could see the name of the pizza place on top of the car. And we know the place, So what do we do now? Do we file? a police report and make them go investigate who at was actually driving at the time. We didn't really look at the car very much, but we can see the white thing they put on top of the car with the name of the pizza place. And there's only one location in the town with that place. And we know it. So it has to be whoever was driving in that area at the time. This happened last night, but now how do we best handle that? Or do we just report it to our insurer and let them do it? Or what did we really do in this situation?
Alex
Alex Aug 26
You can report it to your insurer and just let them do the investigation, or you may also file a police report with all information that you have if you think it was basically a hit and run or unreported accident.
John
John Aug 26
That’s a tough spot to be in. I had a similar situation where my car got scratched in a parking lot by a delivery vehicle, and we saw the whole thing. We ended up filing a police report and notified our insurance. The police might not investigate deeply if it's just a minor accident, but having a report can be useful.Reporting it to your insurer is a good step since they'll handle the claim and deal with the pizza place’s insurance. They might also help you get in touch with the delivery service. If you’re worried about how to handle it, you might want to check out flinjurylawattorney.com for some advice. They helped me with a claim a while back, and it made the process smoother.