We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Questions and Polls free plug in [Solved] | Forum

Al Schroeder
Al Schroeder Apr 30 '13
First off, I really LOVE Oxwall. Fit my needs ideally and for the most part is user friendly.   I do have one problem however.  I downloaded the free plug in questions and polls.  I am not able to get it up and running on my site.  I know it gives a path as follows   questions+admin_setup_extended_version_notification
I am by no means a pro but think I need to make a "poll" tab on the menu and fit this path in.  I went to the pages menu page, created a page called polls but it will not reconize anything I put in under Local page, http://yoursite.com/
What am I doing wrong.  LOL, yes I did type in my site and did not use "yoursite.com"
The Forum post is edited by Alia May 3 '13
Shaun
Shaun Apr 30 '13
In the box where you update your status is a picture that look like a magnifing glass. If you click it you will change the status update box to a question asking box.

Thats how it works on my site. The install also automatically created a page.
Joseph
Joseph Apr 30 '13
Shaun is correct installing this plugin should do this automatically it looks like there was an issue with the language file for the plugin or your language cache may need refreshed
Al Schroeder
Al Schroeder Apr 30 '13
Thanks gentlemen, I'll take another stab using your advice.  I did get an error message once I installed it.  Error 500
Al Schroeder
Al Schroeder Apr 30 '13
Still no dice on the question/polls plug in.  When I go to install it I get this error message
Fatal error: Class 'ZipArchive' not found in /home/heartlan/public_html/oxwall/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/language_service.php on line 759

In fact this error message appears for all the plug ins I try to activate. I did check the file they mention.  It is there but did not open it up to see line 759.  It sounds like your right Joseph, an issue qith the language file.  How would I fix that?  since its all the plug ins how do I refresh the language cache?

Al Schroeder
Al Schroeder May 1 '13
Thanks Aliia!  Someone mentioned Zip extension before, I will check that out.
Al Schroeder
Al Schroeder May 2 '13
It looks like it is probably a zip issue.  I contacted my host and they told me when they set up the server they neglected a few basic functions and the zip function should be resolved at that time.

Al Schroeder
Al Schroeder May 2 '13
SUCCESS!  It was zip archives.  All plug ins are working great including the poll and Questions.  Another great plug in is the spam watch.