We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

500.phtml error ? | Forum

new
new May 3 '13
Whenever i install watch dog, my website shows .500.phtml error. and i have tried to install it many times, error comes every when i do such. Mostly it happens when new user sign up, i tried to sign up as new user myself. 
Alia Team
Alia May 3 '13
Vishal, enable DEBUG mode in config.php, try signing up. Do you see any errors?

Which version of Oxwall do you have?
new
new May 3 '13
i am using the Latest version. There are following errors appeared during watchdog installation . 

Now i am noticing that spam accounts are getting created on my website, i thought watch dog will help but it isnt getting installed properly, and showing the above error. 

The Forum post is edited by new May 6 '13
new
new May 6 '13
Any Suggestions to make it work properly??
Alia Team
Alia May 7 '13
Vishal, can you check whether you have ZipArchive extension installed on your server?

P.S. if you have latest version of Oxwall you should not be getting spam accounts, since the latest version uses special "smart join" form. What kind of spam accounts? How many of them?

new
new May 7 '13
I have talked to my host and they are saying, ZipArchive extension is supported on their server, that host my website and problem is persising regarding watchdog. 

Regarding Spam, There is some particular account is getting created with different email id, which i delete and it gets created after few minutes.

new
new May 11 '13
What should i do now so that watchdog work?
Rahul verma
Rahul verma May 12 '13
well i have very similar issue as you vishal .

my website was keep giving me error 500 and it keep redirecting me to install page .. 

i even tried debug mode  . i had just few warnings.

i removed watchdog and now no errors.

but now too much spams every day like 10-15 spammers. 

i have email verification & smart captcha and antispamer enabled but it never work for spammers . caz they never verify emails 

name of spammers are :

peterson

Casey Nathan

Stephen Grace

as if i install watchdog back then error 500 and redirection to install page starts 

all i can do about it is select all unverified account and then delete 

new
new May 12 '13
 problem with mine is that that they get verified account, i dnt know how, and places links on Link section. yeah, i m also seeing this payday kind of link also. But still why this watchdog is not installing at all?
Rahul verma
Rahul verma May 12 '13
yeh some of them are verified here