We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Dislike Button/Top Friends/Relationship Status | Forum

Agent B
Agent B May 3 '13
I am fairly new to Oxwall but am currently enjoying it. I'm quite unskilled at coding stuffs so I came here to ask for help. Got a few questions on how to add a few basic things that can obviously be added through coding, if they can't be added I honestly don't see why they possibly couldn't so legit answers would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

1. Dislike button -- A dislike button on the right side of the like button would be pretty revolutionary for a social network. My goal is simplicity and this would make things more towards my expectations. I mean, there's a like button and comment box already so this should be able to be added. I just need assistance on how.

2. Top friends -- Exactly like MySpace had, a top 8 or whatever favorite friends list would make many things interesting for the network. Not only that but it brings out the greatest feature that MySpace had. If any of my questions cannot be achieved, this would be the one i'm unsure about because it seems a bit more complex than the others. But if possible that would be splendid.

3. Relationship status -- I have something similar to facebook's at the moment but what I would like is a direct link to someone's profile showing who they are married or in a relationship with. Simply in a relationship isn't as appealing as those couples that would rather show they are official, publicly.

So any answers to my questions would pretty much make my week. My website is Synicle and my email is biopimp@mail.com if anyone feels the need to contact me. Programmers would be useful if these codes aren't as simple as cake but hopefully things will be easy seeing how cool Oxwall software is. ;)

- Biopimp
Agent B
Agent B May 5 '13
Hello, looking for technical support..........................................
Daisy Team
Daisy May 7 '13
As it's stated in the forum rules: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/6082 you should have PHP, HTML, CSS knowledge and programming skills to be able to perform the code modifications yourselves.

In this forum we ask everyone to provide the exact questions, so we could see the way the plugin is developed and what should have been done to make it work correctly.

Agent B, the features you are asking for can be done by new plugins development only. If you are not familiar with the plugin development, it would be better for you to find a developer who can help you with these plugins development. I suggest visiting our Oxwall Market.