We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

MACABRE Theme side bar shadow removal | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 6 '13

Hi i cant seem to get rid of the side bar background shadow when the sidebar is not being shown.  I have changed some css and also changed the two images named box-shadow-small.png and sidebar_bg.png to have the same background as the default bg image. 

This means that i created two new images with the same background as the defaut MACABRE background and replaced those two images above. So it should match.  But as you can see in the image attached it does not.

Any suggestions how to get rid of that sidebar background shadow circled in the image attached.  

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by dave May 6 '13
Attachments:
  sidebarissue.jpg (123.69Kb)
dave Leader
dave May 6 '13

i got it... seems it was the image sidebar_bg.png afterall.  I did not notice but the original background of the theme has a very slight gradient to it.  After playing with css for some time i finally went back to basic investigation process and found the answer.

When i created the images before i had taken that image cut from another part of the screen shot and thats why the gradient did not match.

This time i took the gradient directly under the shadow and whallaaa perfect match on IE, FF is just bearly off just enough to notice but im ok with how it is. 

Problem solved...

Thanks