We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Cannot connect to database | Forum

Agent B
Agent B May 7 '13
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I keep getting this problem, and my technical support team for my VPS says everything I am putting in is right so they told me to contact Oxwall. What exactly can I do to fix this?

Additional info: This is second time going through the install, everything was erased but I had a back up. All my data transferred from first database to my new one safely but both of them won't work when I try to connect...

Site has been down for 2 days because I tried installing MySQL 5.5 (DO NOT DO THAT) which was a huge mistake. I finally have returned to this page and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
The Forum post is edited by Agent B May 7 '13
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 May 7 '13
Make sure you are using the server name.

Example:

Servername_Databasename

Servername_username

Agent B
Agent B May 7 '13
Everything is correct, technical support from my web host even verified that.
Alia Team
Alia May 14 '13

Agent, have you tried using new clean database when installing and only after installation is completed migrate your old data to this database?

Web Rádio
Web Rádio May 20 '13
I'm also having problems connecting to the database, please if anyone can help me, thank you
Attachments:
  Untitled-1.jpg (31.31Kb)
dave Leader
dave May 20 '13

its not servername_dbname   its the username you use to sign into your cPanel if thats what you use. 

username_dbname

username_dbusername

pw

localhost

Web Rádio
Web Rádio May 23 '13

hello

good afternoon

cleaned the entire installation by softaculos

and tried the manual installation and now this error appeared.

what should I do?

thank you

Attachments:
  Untitled-1.jpg (68.29Kb)
Web Rádio
Web Rádio May 23 '13

the crow was created in other trials and worked properly

created exactly as before,

through the one installed by softaculos is not possible to register because the error appears as base + join_join_error in the picture below

and installation manual eeu appears to connect to the database

as pictured above

if anyone can help me I will be grateful

thank you

Attachments:
  Sem título-1..jpg (83.91Kb)
Alia Team
Alia May 30 '13
Regarding "Could not connect to database" error - error is self explanatory, you are specifying incorrect database name/username. Please recheck them.

Regarding missing text key -  I wasn't able to see this since currently I can't see your Oxwall site correctly. Let me know if you need further help with what is currently happening on your site.
joe rovito
joe rovito May 4 '15
base+join_join_error 

this is the error I am getting  

Its says file does not exist in the error log

dave Leader
dave May 5 '15
hi joe, please post the actual error message so we can see it.  Also make sure you have renamed your ow_logs directory to ow_log 
ross Team
ross May 5 '15
Dave +1

Joe, please create a separate post in the Bug reports and Troubleshooting section of the forum as your issue has nothing to do with the topic

famide
famide Jun 22 '23
You have tried mutual app, ldsssingles, ldsplanet and have been all the activities for singles in your stake. TrueLDs is the leading LDS dating site and has helped thousands of LDS singles to be married in the temple for time and all eternity. TrueLDS is owned by temple worthy members of the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints, that seek to follow the council of the prophets. We know that you are committed to find your eternal companion and want to be obedient to the Lord. We at TrueLDS are 100% dedicated to provide our single brothers and sisters in the Gospel with the best Mormon dating platform where you may mingle with other Single Saints. mutual app
jajos38525
jajos38525 Jun 24 '23
Nice post! This is a very nice blog that I will definitively come back to more times this year! Thanks for informative post. learn the heart game apk
jajos38525
jajos38525 Jul 3 '23
I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... ALPILEAN
jajos38525
jajos38525 Jul 3 '23
I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... ALPILEAN
jajos38525
jajos38525 Jul 4 '23
Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. ATM티켓
jajos38525
jajos38525 Jul 4 '23
TechiInside In the ever-evolving world of technology, staying up-to-date with the latest advancements is essential. At TechiInsider, we have a team of dedicated experts who curate content designed to empower and enlighten you. Our articles cover a wide range of topics, including artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, cloud computing, data analytics, and much more. Technology
jajos38525
jajos38525 Jul 5 '23
Hanwha Security Cameras are employed in educational institutions to enhance campus security and prevent incidents such as theft, vandalism, and violence. These cameras contribute to creating a safe and conducive learning environment for students and staff. Hanwha Vision
jajos38525
jajos38525 Jul 6 '23
Cake and cupcake shops are a haven for those with a sweet tooth and a love for beautiful desserts. From intricate designs to delectable flavors, these shops offer a delightful experience for any occasion. Whether you're celebrating a birthday, wedding, or simply craving something sweet, a cake or cupcake from a reputable shop is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Remember to choose a shop that prioritizes quality ingredients, offers customization options, and has positive customer reviews. So, indulge in the world of cakes and cupcakes and savor every delectable bite! birthday cake deliveries
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »