We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

1.5.3 E-mail Notification problem | Forum

Morribi
Morribi May 8 '13
Having E-mail Notification problem. After updating to 1.5.3

Onsite notification works fine and  welcome message is been sent to new registered users Email.

OTHER notifications has stopped.

Email delivery notifications when when someone send friend request, Gift, Private message, comment on user status and all other notifications has failed. 

Even the registration confirmation email stopped and i have to disable email verification for new users...   

Pls. assistance needed

My smtp test is working fine.

ben
ben May 8 '13
did your cron working?
Morribi
Morribi May 8 '13
Yes.
ben
ben May 11 '13
if your cron working then you should receive email for new registration while email notification still had some issue.

MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 May 11 '13
Sometimes I have found that the SMTP test is incorrect. Try it without SMTP.
Alia Team
Alia May 14 '13
Just to let you guys know, that Morribi's issue with notifications wasn't confirmed.
I receive notifications from his site almost daily.

Morribi
Morribi May 14 '13
My Issue has been resolved.. Thanks Guys.....  

Where do i change the Sender name.. Its all Showing Noreply. Instead of Morribi as the Sender. . I want it to show Morribi.... Unlike before it shows message from Morribi Network. Check the image below..

Quote from Aliia Just to let you guys know, that Morribi's issue with notifications wasn't confirmed.
I receive notifications from his site almost daily.

Web Rádio
Web Rádio May 14 '13
ninguém consegue se cadastrar na minha rede. 
http://www.sosertaneja.net/clube

alguém pode me ajudar por favor? 
quando tentam se registrar aparece um erro "base+join_join_error"

configurei tudo conforme vi no forum, mas não há nada que faça alguém se registrar.

preciso de ajuda por favor.
Web Rádio
Web Rádio May 14 '13

anyone can register on my network.

http://www.sosertaneja.net/clube

can anyone help me please?

when trying to register an error appears "base + join_join_error"

configured everything as seen in the forum, but there is nothing that makes someone register.

I need help please.

Alia Team
Alia May 21 '13
>>Where do i change the Sender name.. Its all Showing Noreply. Instead of Morribi as the Sender. . I want it to show Morribi.... Unlike before it shows message from Morribi Network. Check the image below..

Morribi, those are your mail settings. Check your mail server settings.
Find the screen shot bellow ( to the left original email with "no reply" and to the right original email with 'Morribi Records'). Hosts are different:

Alia Team
Alia May 21 '13
Web Rádio, enable DEBUG mode in config.php and check your server's error log.
Web Rádio
Web Rádio May 21 '13
Quote from Aliia Web Rádio, enable DEBUG mode in config.php and check your server's error log.

sorry but do not understand almost anything progoamação.I sent you my data access on my server
hope you can help me.thank you
Alia Team
Alia May 21 '13
Web Rádio, unfortunately we log in to client's servers only in exceptional cases when:

- we can't reproduce the issue on our side
- the issue was reported by several users and we need to check this on somebody's installation to make sure that it is not a bug.

I can't reproduce your issue on my own Oxwall installation and you are the first one to report this.

1. You can find out how to enable DEBUG mode here: http://docs.oxwall.org/plugin-tuts:enable-debug

2. Usually you should have an icon called "Error Log" on your server's control panel. That is where you need to go to check your error logs. If you can't find your error logs, you will need to contact your hosting company. They will point you to the right place.
Alia Team
Morribi
Morribi Jun 10 '13
Quote from Aliia >>Where do i change the Sender name.. Its all Showing Noreply. Instead of Morribi as the Sender. . I want it to show Morribi.... Unlike before it shows message from Morribi Network. Check the image below..

Morribi, those are your mail settings. Check your mail server settings.
Find the screen shot bellow ( to the left original email with "no reply" and to the right original email with 'Morribi Records'). Hosts are different:

Pls... How do i fix this..?  the screenshot show no way of getting a solution..?  where do i go and fix this..?
Alia Team
Alia Jun 10 '13
Morribi,  I am not sure what you did but emails are coming ok now.

Morribi
Morribi Jun 13 '13

I did nothing yet... This is strange... Some are good and some are still writing thesame thing..! (noreply@morribi.com)

There should be a place to replace this sender name..... How and where can this be done..? 

ben
ben Jun 13 '13
I thinks your site are working fine, are you installing other plugins, you should contact the plugins maker to solve your problem or try to uninstall your plugins and see if noreply still exist
Daniel Kumitz
Daniel Kumitz Jun 15 '13
Good evening,

I've spent the entire day trying various posts and directions to solve my problem to no avail. The original posting on this entry seems to be the same problem I have, unfortunately no solution was posted.

I'm currently creating a NEW website (saspen.org/network). Mails work fine, cron job works fine (tested following the algorithm posted at http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/10502). Emails sent by massmailing reach fine. Welcome emails reach fine. But if I enable "email verification" the verification emails never reach destination (tried on 3 different mail server destinations).

In the database the verification is entered into the zof_base_email_verify table. It never shows in zof_base_mail table (if it is supposed to, dunno).

Since I'd rather avoid having hundreds of members with typos in their email addresses, I very much need to get the email verification feature operational.

On a sidenote, it's a bit annoying that there is no abort function in sign up. I get stuck with the verification process on my test accounts and then have to remove all cookies MANUALLY to return to a login screen to change settings with my admin account.

Even worse, if you abort the registration after filling out the first but not the second screen, the cookie brings you back to the second screen everytime, even if possibly you are a different person or want to change your username of something. Abort and Return to Login-Screen should be standard features available. But I'll live with that, as long as I get email verifications working. If the original poster is a guide, then it must be several types of notifications that never get sent. Hopefully you'll be able to sort me out as well.

Thanks a million!
Daniel
Alia Team
Alia Jun 17 '13
Daniel,

1. Verification emails.
Verification emails are connected to CRON only if SMTP is enabled.

I have registered a user on your site, can you give this user admin/moderator rights? So that I can enable email verification and test myself?

2. On a sidenote, it's a bit annoying that there is no abort function in sign up.

We will consider this for future releases.
Pages: 1 2 »