We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

display typo [Passed to development team] | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 8 '13

Just wanted to let you know that there are several places in the script that someone typed dispaly   for example dispaly:none  instead of display:none 

Just do a script search for dispaly and you will see them...   if you need line numbers and file names let me know i can provide 

;)  peace....

The Forum post is edited by Alia May 10 '13
Alia Team
Alia May 10 '13
Dave would be great if you provide the file names. Thank you.
dave Leader
dave May 10 '13

certainly ;)

all are in ow_plugins/

event/bol/event_service.php   line 713   (no big deal this one is just a code comment)

event/views/controllers/base_add.html  line 25    style='dispaly:none (should be display)

event/controllers/base.php  line 1205   dispalyInvitation  (should be displayInvitation)

hope that helps... :)    

ps..  i take it you all dont use 'Agent ransack'  great program saved me tons of hours..

Alia Team
Alia May 10 '13
Dave, thanks for the tip regarding 'Agent ransack' ;)
And I have passed the typos to development team. Thanks again.
dave Leader
dave May 10 '13

Your very welcome Aliia,  i must tell you i am very impressed with the Oxwall platform.  I have been in the social site business for almost 7 years now.  In that time i have used several scripts. Probably the worst one for me was ELGG, maybe that was a bad year for them, maybe they were going thru a hard time i dont know, but i have a very bad experience with them. 

I ended up writing my own social script. But anyway long story short i love my script.  It does everything exactly the way i want it to do it, and  i know it like the back of my hand and i actually make money doing mods and special coding for customers that run that script.  It is not on the market for sale so it is not anything that you would be familiar with. 

And if not for the changing times i would probably never use anything else.  But in our business that is not the case, and it was originally written for php4 and i have upgraded it along the way. 

The challenge is with this new change with the deprecation of the entire mysql library.  The script is entirely mysql and i would have to convert to MySQLi or PDO.  My script is about 4000 files and i honestly am dreading the conversion.  So part of my fact gathering is seeing if maybe there is something out there that i can just install and go.  And then convert my members over to it..

Your script has just about every thing i need lack of a video im, or video chat, i am really impressed with the stability of it, the ease with which it is to set up and configure, and the totally friendly nature of it.  There have been a few times you all got me good because i was like well how do i do this, and you all are way ahead of me and just have a button for it, easy..  Just about every thing about the user and admin side of this is easy..  Including the fact that your using PDO so that means i dont have to convert anything here as far as the db relationship process.

The challenge is that i know SQUAT about PDO, so there will be a learning curve, and of course there will be a learning curve with the coding because it is quite different from what i am used to as far as the structure and the file relationships.   My style of coding has allways been "right in your face" type of coding where when you open a page file its all right there, you might have to go to visit a class once in a while or some other global function but its pretty much right there.  This from what i can see is quite different.. 

So that is why i am here, to decide if i make the move and learn something new in the process, or if stay where im at with my other sites and just do the conversion.   I could make a ton of money doing conversions for my script, alot of people have it and they will have to make the same choice one day, but im 47 and you know at some time i would like to do something else with my skills.    Anyway just thought i would share.

Sorry for being so long winded.... have a great day :) 

The Forum post is edited by dave May 10 '13