We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Issues with IE8 | Forum

Juan
Juan Apr 26 '11
Hi guys, I've been using FireFox for a while and everything seems to be working well so I haven't checked my Oxwall site on my IE8 browser in a while but today I did and noticed a few things are not working. Is it just me with these problems?

So far this is what I've found:
1. can't delete Latest Activity (no delete button visible) and wall posts (delete button visible but doesn't work).
2. When embedding youtube video, the video does not show on IE8 but shows on Firefox.
3. Custom Text/Html embedded image does not resize to fit in box on IE8 but it does in Firefox (shown below).

IE8 Browser

FireFox Browser

The Forum post is edited by Juan Apr 27 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Apr 27 '11
Did you try the compatibility mode in IE?
I did have google ads on my main page and it messed with the main page really bad! It could be the youtube videos messing with the page. (and I dont like IE)

Try removing the videos. See if that fixes it then take things one step at a time to see what is causing the prob.

Did i mention, IE8 sucks! (IE9 not much better)
Juan
Juan Apr 27 '11
Nahhh, always had problems with Oxwall in IE. Thought they might of fixed this by now but I guess not and Yes, IE8 sucks! Lol!
The Forum post is edited by Juan Apr 27 '11
Den Team
Den Apr 28 '11
Got it. Will check it and fix in IE - the most buggy browser in the world :)
Juan
Juan Apr 28 '11
Thanks Oxwall!! :D