We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Number of items displayed by default - Newsfeed | Forum

Paul M.
Paul M. May 12 '13
Hello,

The plugin is great. I was however wondering if there was a way to modify the number of items displayed in the news feed before the "view more" button is displayed. Right now it appears this is set to 10. Can you tell me where I can change this value?

Thank you!

Paul M.
Paul M. May 12 '13
I found it in feed_widget.php at line 101

public static function getSettingList()    {        $settingList['count'] = array(            'presentation' => self::PRESENTATION_SELECT,            'label' => OW::getLanguage()->text('newsfeed', 'widget_settings_count'),            'optionList' => array(5 => '5', '10' => 10, '20' => 20),            'value' => 15        );

Funny thing is optionlist looks like an array that should be shown in that backend somewhere but i cant find it. anyways i changed 'value' => 10 to 'value' => 15 and this did the trick. if there is an area in the admin panel i am missing please let me know.

Paul M.
Paul M. May 12 '13
Sorry all the updates. I found where it is. Insted of the admin panel its the settings on the front end of the site. Would be nice if this took a custom value though.
Saiju43
Saiju43 Apr 6 '14
Thank you Paul for the  information. I was looking for this from last 1 week
You do not have permission to reply this topic