We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Email Notifications Settings | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus May 19 '13
I think the rate at which notifications are sent to site users must be controlled by Admin, then users will have the choice to set the frequency and how they receive these  notifications. If notifications are sent immediately, users return to the site often.

Some users have no idea or no time to set how they receive email notifications of site activities. And if the default is set to Automatic or never, it will harm the sites activities. This is really harming my site activities.

Like Facebook, if a user you have any relationship does anything on their pages, email notification comes quickly.

Oxwall Should immediately allow site admins to control how email notifications are sent to members.

The Forum post is edited by Kumi Festus May 19 '13
Alia Team
Alia May 20 '13
Kumi, do you mean that there should be some kind of settings within the plugin in admin area where admin can select which option should be default one for all users?

Kumi Festus
Kumi Festus May 21 '13
That's exactly what I mean
Bhavika Rugnath
Bhavika Rugnath Apr 17 '14
Hello Im having troubles to send emails notifications too. It was working first. Now i cant send mass notifications or activity notifications. Every user's preferences were set to imediatelly by Default.
ross Team
ross Apr 17 '14
Please check your cron jobs are properly configured.