We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Gf doesn’t drive, I need help | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Patty Long
Patty Long Oct 21
My girl friend refuses to drive. My girl friend and I first started dating long distance. She would tell me she drives and I would hear times she would have to go somewhere and drive. So I had no idea she didn’t have her license. Eventually she moved to where I was and we started living together. I then found out she did not have her license and i would have to do all the driving. At first I didn’t mind because she seemed genuinely very against driving and I felt if she didn’t want to that bad I don’t mind helping her and being the sole driver. Fast foward a few years and we have two kids together. Also I have one from a previous relationship. It is a lot harder to be the sole driver now. Every time in the past I bring up to her getting her license to help me drive it ends up in a fight. It’s really hard for me because to me, it would just make so much more sense and save so much time in daily situations if she would just be able to help and drive. I honestly don’t know what to do. It’s to the point I’ve given up on hopes of her driving. But I can’t go on like this being the only one driving. Has anyone ever been in a situation like this? I don’t know anyone who doesn’t drive, or not by their own choice. Driving provides so much freedom and I can’t understand how she wouldn’t want that. No matter how many times I’ve explained how I feel and how unfair I think it is, it doesn’t matter. She won’t ever drive. I need some help/advice.
JohnLeah
JohnLeah Oct 21
I can relate to your situation. I used to be in a similar boat with a friend who never wanted to drive, and it got tough, especially when we started hanging out more often. It felt like I was always on call to be the driver, and it was exhausting. Have you tried suggesting alternatives, like using airport transfer services for outings? They can really take the stress out of logistics. I recently came across a site, https://otstaxi.com, that provides great options for that. It's not the same as having her drive, but it might lighten your load a bit. Just a thought!