We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Using a profile question to determine an action | Forum

Shane
Shane May 29 '13

On the join page i have asked my subscribers a question (radio button option), with only 2 choices 

I am now wanting evaluate that question: what would be your recommended approach to retrieving the value of the question?
The Forum post is edited by Shane May 29 '13
dave Leader
dave May 29 '13

The profile questions you know are fairly static in their intent, they just grab a value as you have discovered.  

It depends on what your intent is as to the complexity.  Can you give an example of the question choices and your intent with the answer? 

Shane
Shane May 29 '13

Its a radio choice. 

What i need to understand is the best way of locating the value of the selection from the database, whether it should be input id or something else.

I have inherited a couple of oxwall websites and am wondering whether the code used to identify the value is appropriate.

The input value will determine what authentication server I need to use. 

here is the HTML

<ul class="ow_radio_group clearfix">

<li style="width:100%">

<input name="81548a4418b023aec7c365b51e288131" id="input_91476441" type="radio" value="1">&nbsp;

<label for="input_91476441">Compliance</label>

</li>

<li style="width:100%">

<input name="81548a4418b023aec7c365b51e288131" id="input_10168458" type="radio" value="2">&nbsp;

<label for="input_10168458">Enhancement</label>

</li>

</ul>

I appreciate your time.

The Forum post is edited by Shane May 29 '13
dave Leader
dave May 29 '13

The values are located in your prefix(ow?)_base_question_?     looks like the question data table is what you want and the question name field

I dont see anything wrong with your code but  I have not done any special coding as of yet in this section of the script so i will leave this to one of the other more experienced people.  

Sorry i could not help more :) 

dave Leader
dave May 29 '13

I did some poking around and i found this as well.  Might give you some ideas.. 

ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/edit.php

hope that helps :)

Shane
Shane May 29 '13
Quote from dave

I did some poking around and i found this as well.  Might give you some ideas.. 

ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/edit.php

hope that helps :)

Awesome thanks