We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

good time to remove IE6 css hack | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 29 '13

With 1.6 on the horizon it might be a good time to remove the ie6 css hack in the base css files.

example:  *html #floatbox_overlay { /* ie6 hack */

1.  It was intended at the time to take advantage of a ie6 bug and now both *html ad *+html are pretty much a moot point an really do nothing in real life.

2. The number of people still using ie6 are very very small, an i feel sorry for them if they are.   If their system is so old that they have to run ie6 then they probably cant be an effective internet participant anyway.

3. You are pushing the envelope on new technology but holding on to something so ancient and outdated as any kind of ie6 support.

IMO its time to strip out the ie6 code and move forward with supporting more current technology.

happy coding.. :)

Mitchell Thornton
Mitchell Thornton May 11 '23
I use only high quality materials - you can see them at: Orlando Termite Control
Mitchell Thornton
Mitchell Thornton May 11 '23
I understand this column. I realize You put a many of struggle to found this story. I admire your process. Lakeland exterminators