We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Wondering how important it is to have the sharethis plugin on index page. | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 29 '13

I have been thinking about possibly finding a way to restrict my sharethis plugin to only show after logged in.  I know some may want to share that are not members but honesty would it really be that many?

I'm thinking that they would probably be more prone to want to share this after they poke around a bit after registering. 

Plus having this plugin sitting down there and not behind the sign-in protection does concern me a bit.   Not paranoid just concerned. 

Has anyone else done this?  

What do you feel about this idea?

The Forum post is edited by dave May 29 '13
dave Leader
dave May 29 '13

ok this is what i did.. 

in ow_plugins/sharethissocial/init.php

find this:

function sharethis_sharetool()
{

add after: 

//added to prevent sharethis display when not logged in
if (!empty($_COOKIE['ow_login']) && OW::getUser()->isAuthenticated() )
{

find this:

}

$display = "<div style=\"position:fixed; left:0px; bottom:3px;\">
<script type=\"text/javascript\">var switchTo5x=true;</script>
<script type=\"text/javascript\" src=\"http://w.sharethis.com/button/buttons.js\">
</script><script type=\"text/javascript\">stLight.options({publisher: \"\"});</script>
$sharetool</div>";

add after:

}else{
      // if not logged in then do not display
      $display = "<div style=\"display:none;\"></div>";
       }//close else

Mitchell Thornton
Mitchell Thornton Nov 4 '23
This is very significant, and yet necessary towards just click this unique backlink: Wildlife Removal Kissimmee
MichealAllanson
MichealAllanson Nov 5 '23
The nicest part about https://www.signnow.com/esignature/esignature-for-online-applications is the level of service they give. I came here on the recommendation of a buddy. And now I utilise it on a daily basis!
Mitchell Thornton
Mitchell Thornton Nov 6 '23
Hi there, I discovered your blog per Google bit searching for such kinda educational advise moreover your inform beholds very remarkable for me. Wildlife Removal Orlando
Mitchell Thornton
These you will then see the most important thing, the application provides you a website a powerful important internet page: Oviedo Squirrel Removal
Mitchell Thornton
The most interesting text on this interesting topic that can be found on the net ... Pest Control Deltona
Jobsfofelons0
Jobsfofelons0 Dec 20 '23
That's the reason center on it's essential to precise ground moves well before writing. Might be attainable so that you can extra advisable text that way.ร้านนั่งชิวอุบล