We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Was your host awarded anything this year? Arvixe was! | Forum

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jun 6 '13
Well Dave the Only reason your digging so hard and offended by my post is because you run a hosting company.
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jun 6 '13
I had to migrate from Arvixe because Oxwall was not working there, but everyone I spoke to there was very nice and they refunded me with no hassle.   I say let people see both sides including the "fake" awards.

dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13

Surprisingly enough not really, there are principles and ethics involved here that go way past such a thing.   

First it is not my intention or mission to compete with a company like Arvixe. That is not even in my ballpark as a company mission statment.  My clients come from a whole other tier level than that.  So any competiton at all is a moot point.

Secondly it only offends me as a user because i dont want this forum to lose its focus and become and advertising meca for every best ?.com and top?.com  and meaningless logo's that someone can create in photoshop or get by just joining a website.

I am also quite interested in knowing why a company that makes 5.4 million dollars needs help with their advertising with posts like this, let them pay for it if they want it.  I cant help wonder why anyone would go to such lengths to do such a long post with so many logos and hail mary's without a vested interest.  

To me character matters, always has, which is why my profile pic is what it is.  And allowing such posts not only is a bad presidece to set, it also shows poor character IMO in an desperate attempt to spam the board.   If everyone did as you have done, the board would be full of this stuff, can you honestly tell me that you are ok with that?

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 6 '13
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13

Quote from Steve Winter
I had to migrate from Arvixe because Oxwall was not working there, but everyone I spoke to there was very nice and they refunded me with no hassle.   I say let people see both sides including the "fake" awards.

But steve there is a time and place for that, and IMO this board is neither.
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13

There is a dedicated page for this here http://www.oxwall.org/hosting

IMO thats were it should stop.

dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13

I am not saying you can or cant.  I am just saying that i dont think we even want to open that can of worms on the forum.   

Let me explain my position this way.   If you were walking down the street of a nice downtown office area and you saw somone spraying graffiti on the wall.

A: would you be offended because they were intentionally making the area look run down and trashy.

B. would you be offended because you dont want them to do the same with your building.

C. would you be offended because it was just not right regardless of anything else.

D. would you not be offended at all and just keep walking thinking its someone elses problem.

E. would you grab a can of paint and help them.

see my point...  i see that kind of post as graffiti and it makes the site look trashy IMO

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jun 6 '13
They have been spraying their stuff on the side of buildings??   I agree with you that is very bad and very dangerous because some gang would probably start shooting at them thinking that they were a rival gang.

I would pick "C" and depending on if I disagreed with what they were saying I might call 911 (from a safe distance, of course)

dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13
lol steve :)
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jun 6 '13
This forum is for information about oxwall. Someone making an informed decision on hosting for oxwall may find this post very helpful Dave. People on this forum may like to know that their hosting company has someone on their boards to help them with award winning service. This wasn't ment to offend anyone Dave but if you are in any way offended you dont have to continue to take up your time posting here. lol Let it go buddy I promise everything will be ok. 

dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13

lol there is really nothing to let go of and certainly no reason to be so defensive.  We are adults and can certainly disagree on something in a professional manner.   Maybe to be fair we should contact the other 4 companies on the hosting list an have them post their own trilogy of banners and awards, its only the fair thing to do right. lol  :)  

And then maybe we can get cpanel involved and then plesk, and then maybe the server companies themselves and while we are at it we can get ISP's involved and have them post their accolades, oh and lets not leave out marketing, we can get google and all the search engines, and then maybe vista print for business cards can post some accolades.  

All of this because as you may see it, just because someone uses Oxwall, why not market them in every aspect of their business on a support form for Oxwall.   lol   tooo funny

The point is you can slice it and dice it anyway you want to, you can justify it any way you like, it still comes down to the fact that it is spam and advertising  on a board where IMO we dont need that kind of post to clog up the real need here. 

Steve Winter
Steve Winter Jun 6 '13
I had a guy suggest that we agree to disagree (but he was only saying that because he was wrong)
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13
lmao steve your on a roll man... :)
Alia Team
Steve Winter
Steve Winter Aug 16 '14
After trying a bunch of different hosts I ended up coming back to Arvixe and things are working great now.

Steve

http://tinyurl.com/coolhost

carson
carson Dec 12 '23
Shop Blinds Online NZ revolutionizes the way Kiwis adorn their windows by offering a seamless and accessible online shopping experience. As the leading virtual destination for blinds in New Zealand, this platform combines variety, quality, and convenience. From the comfort of your home, you can effortlessly browse through an extensive collection of blinds, ranging from classic roller blinds to contemporary venetian and vertical blinds. The website is designed with user-friendly navigation, ensuring that you can easily find the perfect window treatment to complement your interior style. With a commitment to excellence, shop blind online NZ sources blinds made from durable materials and precise craftsmanship. The online platform not only simplifies the selection process but also provides secure payment options and efficient delivery services, bringing the transformation of your living space right to your doorstep. Whether you're in search of privacy, light control, or a stylish aesthetic, Shop Blinds Online NZ makes elevating your home decor a click away.
carson
carson Mar 10
In North Vancouver, reliable hot water tank services are essential for maintaining a comfortable living environment. Residents rely on these services to ensure their hot water systems function efficiently year-round. Whether it's routine maintenance, repairs, or replacements, North Vancouver offers a range of professional hot water tank services to address any issues promptly. Expert technicians possess the expertise to diagnose problems accurately and provide effective solutions, ensuring residents have access to consistent hot water whenever needed. With their dedication to quality service and customer satisfaction, hot water tank services in North Vancouver play a vital role in keeping homes comfortable and functional.
carson
carson Mar 10
In North Vancouver, reliable hot water tank services are essential for maintaining a comfortable living environment. Residents rely on these services to ensure their hot water systems function efficiently year-round. Whether it's routine maintenance, repairs, or replacements, North Vancouver offers a range of professional hot water tank services to address any issues promptly. Expert technicians possess the expertise to diagnose problems accurately and provide effective solutions, ensuring residents have access to consistent hot water whenever needed. With their dedication to quality service and customer satisfaction, hot water tank services in North Vancouver play a vital role in keeping homes comfortable and functional.
carson
carson Mar 10
Pages: « 1 2