We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

New installation: no theme or css | Forum

S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon Jun 2 '13
Hello,

I've been trying to install Oxwall for many days now but can never get the css / template files to load (either during the installation procedure or once completed).  I only have black text on a white background...

I've seen many posts regarding the same issue on your forum or through Google and tried many of the suggestions I could come accross but I'm still facing the same issue after 4 days.

My webhost is 1and1.  After a conversation with them, I was confirmed the following:

"Thank you for contacting us.

We double checked the said requirements to run the application and we do support it. You may also refer to the link below as to see the PHP server settings on our Shared hosting packages:

http://www.1and1php.com/phpinfo.php5

Regarding the code in your .htaccess, there seems to be an issue with the following lines below:

line 17:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

line 18:        (20)

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI}

line 19:        (1)

(/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

line 20:

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

However, we are unaware as to the reason why your getting the error. Have you checked with Oxwall Support about this?

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us."

My .htaccess file is attached (includes modifications found on your forum).

On my host, Oxwall is installed in its own directory:

ROOT:

- current website directory

- oxwall

Could anyone tell me what's wrong with my .htaccess file (since this seems to be the cause of this problem)?

Many thanks for your support!

The Forum post is edited by S. Bourdon Jun 2 '13
Attachments:
  htaccess.txt (0.66Kb)
S. Bourdon
S. Bourdon Jun 4 '13
Found the solution!

Simply use the .htaccess code mentionned in this topic: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/7924

Thanks!