We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Arrowchat Installation [Answered] | Forum

Joshua
Joshua Jun 3 '13
I've installed Arrowchat. However I'm not sure which file I am placing this code on.

3. Add this code to your page's header before the </head> tag:
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="/arrowchat/external.php?type=css" charset="utf-8" /><script type="text/javascript" src="/arrowchat/includes/js/jquery-1.3.2.min.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="/arrowchat/includes/js/jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.min.js"></script>
and this to your page's footer right before the </body> tag...
<script type="text/javascript" src="/arrowchat/external.php?type=js" charset="utf-8"></script>
If you have a header and footer file you can simply add this code to them, otherwise, you will need to add this code to each page you wish ArrowChat to be on.

Help please

The Forum post is edited by Alia Jun 7 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jun 4 '13
Joshua, I assume that you would like to show arrowchat on ALL of your pages?
If yes, use following file: ow_themes/origin/master_pages/html_document.html

Note that this will add arrow chat to admin panel pages as well.
Joshua
Joshua Jun 5 '13
Thank you :D
dave Leader
dave Jun 6 '13

To add onto what Aliia suggested which is quite correct. +1

If you did want just one page for this, you could put the code in another html file, then add a page in admin pages, and in the page content block use an iframe to put the content of the chat on that new page.  

I do the same with my members map from my blog and it works perfect, you cant even tell its an iframe unless you look at the source.

The Forum post is edited by dave Jun 6 '13
Alia Team
Alia Jun 7 '13
Correction, adding to html_document.html will not add the chat to admin panel. Sorry for confusion.
Abbey
Abbey Jun 7 '13
I would have gone with cometchat.... better than arrowchat imo
Joshua
Joshua Jun 7 '13
How would you configure the database settings? So that the users on the site are able to use it? I apparently did something wrong.
MarkieMark67
MarkieMark67 Jun 7 '13
Best way to add arrowchat is from admin panel, settings, then Page Settings.

If you are still having problems run the arrowchat install again.

Aprillos
Aprillos Jun 8 '13

you put me with pictures installing Aron chat

I if I have bought it Thank you

Alia Team
Alia Jun 10 '13
Joshua, better contacting developer of Arrowchat plugin (if that is what you have installed).